Mallory Park under threat.

Simon Bacon

Premium
Bit of a personal matter for myself as I was bought up just across the road and had my first race there, Mallory is under threat from a minority of local residents who have an issue with living next to race track that they chose to move next to.:mad: What is worse is the rumour that should the circuit close it could be sold off for housing development.

If you are a UK citizen and feel as strongly as I do then please consider signing the e-petition (unfortunately it's UK citizens only:()

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739

Or follow developments on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/SaveMalloryPark

Twitter

@SaveMallory #SaveMallory

Thanks and hope you can support

Thank you so much chaps:) Please, if you can, rope in your like minded friends. Unfortunately, maybe irrationally, I do feel very passionately about , being a local. This place is as part of the UK's motor racing heritage as Silverstone, Brands or Brooklands. When you've done a Plum Pudding meeting on Boxing Day, driving or spectating, You know how how special Mallory is....Many,many thanks:thumbsup:

-Moves to a house next to an airport.

-Complains that the planes are too noisy.

People :mad: At this rate, a zombie invasion would be thwarted by a lack of brains to eat.

It's a shame something like this is happening to a race track. Specially if they just want to make houses there.

this looks exactly like something that happens some years ago in the Estoril trcak. near the track there is a luxury neigbourghood, and it was build after the track, some time ago the administration of the track wanted to host a 24 hour classic cars race and they didn't allowed it because it would be too noisy, if they were worried about the noise, they shouldn't have moved there in the first place! And the most suprising thing is how legal institutions allow people to do things like that, if the track was already there they will have to live with that!

i'm really glad that there are good news about this subject, really nice to see that they didn't went with the cry-baby's neigbourghs. they should host a race with historic race cars, the kind of cars that are heard miles away :D

Great to see it back up and running. I think it is wrong for certain people to come to a new town and instantly destroy one of the biggest attractions for it.
think about it, there are only a handful of BTCC circuits around, yours is bringing in people year after year!

Yep, great news. In fairness, the BARC (who ran Mallory before) did a shocking job over the past few years and the place needs some serious investment to get the facilities updated and the track and curbs sorted. However, it wasn't helped by the minority of (local) folks who seemed to have had an agenda to get the place closed for good ($$$$ maybe??) If they think it was noisy then they obviously didn't live there in the 80's when non championship F1 races were run, Saturday afternoons were heaven:D

No matter now, I hope the new leaseholders make a go of it and bring Mallory Park back up to standards and reputation it once had and we get to see this more often

To everyone who signed the petition, I like to think it made a difference:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%