Maldonado deserves to be banned from Formula 1.

You have to remember that the stewards have access to far more cameras, angles and equipment to review each incident than we will ever have so I'm confident that they had good basis for their decision.

But Hamilton's onboard camera (which i posted a link of a few comments above) clearly shows Maldonado going fast and into Hamilton. Hamilton is just looking to the crowd and slowing down and even putting his hand up to say sorry to Maldonado.

It is impossible to tell if Lewis was purposely swerving towards him to "scare" him or not. But what is possible is to tell Maldonado purposely hit Hamilton. Just look at the onboard footage. 100% Maldonado fault. Anyway, even if Lewis was trying to "scare" Pastor. Lewis knew the limit's and was only joking around and he knew that he shouldn't get too close.

That onboard footage only shows what Maldonado did. I posted a video where you also see what Hamilton did 2 sec before that just coming out of La Source. There you see him scaring him by moving quickly to the right. :)

But i am talking abit in circles now. Gonna focus on tomorrows race. I saw the GP2 race and that one was great, hope its rains tomorrow also. :)

That onboard footage only shows what Maldonado did. I posted a video where you also see what Hamilton did 2 sec before that just coming out of La Source. There you see him scaring him by moving quickly to the right. :)

But i am talking abit in circles now. Gonna focus on tomorrows race. I saw the GP2 race and that one was great, hope its rains tomorrow also. :)

Ivo I think its perfectly clear Hamilton made a small swerve to unsettle Maldonado, agree with you there. They both acted like boneheads, it goes back to Monaco and as Eddie Jordan said they both need to sit down and talk this over not carry on some silly fued to the next race or beyond. Both deserve a penalty.

Ivo I think its perfectly clear Hamilton made a small swerve to unsettle Maldonado, agree with you there. They both acted like boneheads, it goes back to Monaco and as Eddie Jordan said they both need to sit down and talk this over not carry on some silly fued to the next race or beyond. Both deserve a penalty.

I agree, btw never said Maldonado didnt deserved any penalty offcourse. :)
Still think 5 place is way to less. But Hamilton provoked him a little bit with that swerve wich probably with the Chicane "incident" together was sort of a trigger for Maldonado. Still doesnt justifies it offcourse. :)

Maldonado still has Monaco on his mind by the looks of it, still you can't get away with what he did today.

I would say the same.
At Monaco Lewis screwed up Maldonado's by far best race by shooting him off and for that Lewis got a penalty that did not even cost him 1 position...

Now there was that situation where Rubens made a mistake on his fast lap, unintentionly holding up Maldonado, who slowed down what gave Hamilton the opening to do a pretty sick overtaking manouver (considering it was qualifying and even without it Lewis would have made it to q3).

That screwed up Maldonados lap and a few moments later his absolute last chance for a good lap got screwed again ;)

So I understand what led to this, but it is still penalty worthy and he got one ;)

btw could be the first time Lewis was right with his "he delibaretly did this and that" teamradio allthough he's doing the silly stuff most times...

"Is it because I'm black?"
Get over this, it was clearly a rubbish joke that he shouldn't have said on live tv, because people like you don't realise its a joke and take it seriously.

Schumacher vs Villeneuve
This incident was in completely different circumstances, it was during the race not quali so it didnt affect the championship.

Chicane incident
Lewis closed on pastor at a considerably speed, then pastor went wide before the second part of the chicane which opened a big gap for lewis to go through. Pastor then closed the gap which caused a collision.

Lewis turning into pastor
I dont know 100% what happened as they came out of the hairpin, if the stewards look at lewis' data and see he did turn right purposefully then fair enough on him getting a warning or penalty. But if he did just move over as normal because thats the way the track goes then when he saw pastor in his mirrors he moved back, then lewis didnt do anything wrong. But as i said, you would need to see data to confirm this.

100% Hamilton's fault LOL

Hi Giorgios and Sergio XD

Seriously, Maldonado was pissed because the agressive move from HAM in last chicane (typical HAM one very on the limit but just racing for me), then HAM made that common discussion movement with the car we have seen many times in F1, Maldonado lost his mind and acted in an stupid way.

-5 and WTF where you thinking speech to Pastor seems ok for me.

The warning to HAM I suppose was more a "relax and avoid confrontation" because this movement he made after la source more than because his overtake.

If they obsess with the otherbone this will end bad, as it's an old rivalry.

wait isnt Maldonado like World Champion back in GP2? i mean really. he has not impress me at all. Sergio Perez so far for a starter in F1 is doing very decent in a Sauber. I dont know what in the world Williams are doign now...i gues sthats what they get for lettin Adrian Newey go and Montoya...

anyone thought this was just a steer to where you're looking incident? maldonado's gone to look at hamilton as passing to give him what for and then had a "oh flipitty ding dong!" moment? Not saying he's innocent here he's meant to be one of the top drivers in the world but accidents to happen.

penalities served out seem fair imo. hamilton reprimand along the lines of remember there are other cars out there and maldonado please stay in control of your car and remember it extends further than the back of your head.

Penalty isnt fair, nowhere near harsh enough, he should have the book thrown at him for intentionally causing an accident, the sooner Williams get rid of him the better.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%