Malaysian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW!

Voted MV.
Last two races merc have been slow (now 3rd on pace after red bull) - in the end LH did quite well to finish 2nd with such a poor car.
This DC is not over yet, ferraris are flying much quicker than merc.

Yes considering that he has a first class car which was roughly 3 secs a lap quicker than 3/4 of the field..If he had done it in...lets say alonso,s car..Then that would be worthy..

Funny cause when Hamilton sets his car on pole, it´s kinda the same circle jerking, only is it called a "mighty hammertime lap blablabla". Not like his Merc engine has an advantage of a few tenths down the straights?

Oh and also, I think you´re forgetting the fact that it´s kinda hard to follow each other nowadays withing a second, let alone positioning for a move.

Like my post said 3/4 of the field are slower than the top 3-4 teams,my view would,nt change if it had been Hamilton in Vettels position,and as for its kinda hard to follow each other nowadays within a second,well vettel just proved that point i made.Vettel would probably have won the race for sure,who knows,think it might have been a better battle for the top 5 guys...

Verstappen got my vote, he drove with a level head and controlled the race from the front once he got there, a deserved win for Red Bull. Still baffled over Dan Ricciardo though, thought he had enough in himself and the car to catch and challenge Lewis for P2, he did struggle with balance in the early stint with high speed understeer, maybe this was a factor.

Glad to see Ferrari finding the pace they need to make the remaining races less of a Mercedes procession, looking forward to Suzuka next weekend, although Bathurst will take my No1 viewing spot on the Sunday:D

Verstappen for sure. But gotta give points to Vettel. I think Lewis didn't even put a fight wheel to wheel with Max. He nows how the young driver plays hard and tought about the championship. Better going home with a 2nd place than with a DNF.
Check...This victory was given to Max. That boy is a loose canon and not in the way of any championship threat. Next to that its his birthday so the win is on speaking terms if not just solid match fixing. And all dutch people think he won because of quality driving...:roflmao:.

View attachment 214481
Vote now for the RaceDepartment Driver of the Day at the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix.

Sepang was witness to some outstanding performances from a number of drivers this afternoon, with Verstappen scoring his second race win, Vettel fighting hard to fourth position and Vandoorne matching his career best result of seventh, but who is your driver of the day?

The predicted rain held off throughout the race, however that did little to dampen the on track action as the fight at the head of the field would be as fierce as ever.

With so many outstanding performances, who gets the award as best performer according to our RaceDepartment community?

Sebas!!! Men!!! #ForzaSebas

Check...This victory was given to Max. That boy is a loose canon and not in the way of any championship threat. Next to that its his birthday so the win is on speaking terms if not just solid match fixing. And all dutch people think he won because of quality driving...:roflmao:.
Just trolling/joking I would assume? Each person is allowed to have his own opinion about a driver and if you think Max is a loose canon and not in the way of any championship threat, that that's fine (does not mean I agree though), but... if you think this was match fixing then I seriously doubt your knowlegde about F1. Within a team, there may be team orders some time allowing a teammate to win, but between teams... NO WAY!

I just want to know: Who are the 2 people who voted for Hamilton?

His mom and dad?

Well it wasn't me but I can understand the vote.

Could he possibly have squeezed anything else out of that car today?

It was an unglamourous and unspectacular drive but to finish ahead of Ricciardo in a Red Bull - and as a consequence keep Vettel behind, was quite a feat.

And, for that matter, keeping out of Verstappen's way - showed a maturity and level headedness that he doesn't always display.

Maybe there were more eye-catching, spectacular results, but I doubt any of them were more calculated or hard-earned.

Maybe there were more eye-catching, spectacular results, but I doubt any of them were more calculated or hard-earned.

I'd say that would be Max Verstappen's. Verstappen overtook Hamilton and then proceeded to do the things we normally see from Hamilton. Hamilton's car may have not been the best, but he still managed to put the thing on pole.

And, perhaps, Stoffel Vandoorne! We all know that the Mclaren is awful, but he qualified in seventh, finished in seventh, and performed better then a world champion in the same car!

A request to RD staff, please make the driver of the day thread picture generic. My sunday evening F1 watch was rather ruined by this as it's normally safe to visit RD without worrying about spoilers. :cry:

Is your nickname Vettel?

• Deleted member 205301

Interesting...
For me it's verstappen, He claimed the victory, I had to vote for him...
But, that was a gourgeous drive by vettel, really fantastic, and a very solid result for Vandoorne and Perez...(interesting that his teamate had a "so bad race", once again...)
A bit disapointed by Gasly, not that He did a "bad" race, He did the job, not more not less, and that's what RB excpect him to do, but....I don't know...that was not "impressive", let's wait till Suzuka, there we'll have a better idea of his talent.... (I'm french, so, with a bad Ocon today, a Grosjean who were nowhere, and a shy Gasly, that was not the best race for our nation...but that's how autosport works, there are up, there are down...)
@++

2nd Victory for Max.- nice way to celebrate a 20th birthday!
Vettel, well! great recovery drive, BUT yet another crash and another blame the other guy! come on Vettel! He just kept on turning in on Stroll when he knew he was there. Not saying he did that on purpose just lacking a bit of spacial awareness and a bit of stupidity, but what gets my goat he blames Stroll!!
It seems Vettel is still not used to the wider cars and tires, give him a few years, he will catch up.

BTW. both Ferrari's in trouble, a bit of karma acting up for sandwiching Max in the previous race? ;)

OK, you've convinced me. Driver of the day is Lance Stroll :p

All Dutch people think....that all boys called Boby Kim are ....
Sorry mate... I am Dutch and you have no clue what I think. Match fixing? :roflmao: Hilarious.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%