Making my own formula steering wheel.

Hello everyone,

So recently, since I have a lot of free time I got an idea to make a formula steering wheel for my g29.
The problem occurs when it comes to wiring all the buttons and encoders.
At the begining I wanted to use one of Arduino boards since they are quite cheap.
But when I did some research on such topic, a lot of people prefer to use Leo Bodnar Boards.
So I bought a BBI-32 along with two rotary switches.
BBI-rotary-switch.jpg

The problem is that I wanted to use 14 buttons, two rotary switches and two rotary encoders.
The BBI-32 can handle only 32 inputs, whereas one rotary switch alone take 12 of these.
I found out that you can do some matrix with buttons which can reduce amount of used inputs
but didn't find anyone who does it with BBI-32.
Is it even possible to fit all these inputs I want to use on such a board?

Second question is how can I connect rotary encoders such as this one to BBI-32:
1_aUp42GaXn2h8s2aFmMiMPw.jpeg

I have also came across such post CLICK where a guy does a similar project and uses same BBI32 board.
Unfortunatelly its quite old and doesn't answer my questions.

Thank you for all help :)

RaceDepartment Store (5% Premium Member Discount)

• Featured
Trak Racer's SA-09 Fibreglass Seat has been engineered for both strength and comfort with sizing to suit most drivers specifically in the S-XL size range (up to 42" waist). The SA-09 is an ultra-light competition simulator seat that features integrated bolsters and is wrapped in a washable...
Simucube Sport Bundle to get you going! Buy now from simucube.com for € 1970,02 Includes Simucube 2 Sport Wheel Base Simucube Tahko GT-21 Steering Wheel Wheel side SQR
Through our partnership with CLG, one of the largest esports organisations in the world, we’re beyond proud to present our official limited edition CLG Pro XL Gaming Chair. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 379,95 Bringing together our expertise of creating the highest quality gaming chairs...
  • Featured
RaceDepartment
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Introducing the Podium DD2, the ultimate force feedback experience. Breakthrough technology, incredible performance. Quite simply the most advanced direct drive solution ever. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 1.499,95 Features Custom-designed servo motor designed by our engineers and the...
Modular components from the Podium range come together to create a high-performance steering wheel, as seen in the 2021 Fanatec Esports GT Pro Series. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 629,95 Features ClubSport Wheel Rim 320 Three-spoke aluminium wheel rim with a 320 mm diameter Genuine...
RaceDepartment
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Our XL racing seat features the design of our best-selling pro chair, scaled up for people who want a bit more room in their racing cockpit. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 289,95 By opting for a wider design instead of the traditional racing bucket seat our XL racing seat sets itself above...