Making and engine with Physics Editor

Just wanna say: in love with physics editor! I's so easy to make an engine!!!
1624911401618.png

I have two questions:

1-
The blue line is COMPRESSION IN NM. I don't really know what its mean. I understand that power in hp is defined by torque x rotation. But compression seems to be a separate item. First thought it was the engine compression, commonly 9:1 or 11:1 in motorcycles, for example. But I dont think its the same thing and how affects the power output of the engine.
Someone knows this trick?

2- Gear config files work with engines of any rotation, right? Because they only modify (divide or multiply) the torque generated by the engine, right?

1-
The blue line is COMPRESSION IN NM. I don't really know what its mean. I understand that power in hp is defined by torque x rotation. But compression seems to be a separate item. First thought it was the engine compression, commonly 9:1 or 11:1 in motorcycles, for example. But I dont think its the same thing and how affects the power output of the engine.
Someone knows this trick?

2- Gear config files work with engines of any rotation, right? Because they only modify (divide or multiply) the torque generated by the engine, right?

1) That's what is also known as "back torque", the resistance you feel when you let off the gas (and isn't part of tire & aerodynamic drag). It mostly affects downshifts at high rpms. Hard to find references for what it should be, so mainly just compare with ISI data... usually no where near as large as you'll find in most mods.

2) Right.

download link from this app please? i need.

The author, Dave Purdy, passed away in 2016 (or very early 2017). It gave him joy that people were still using the tool even well after rF2 launched and he was contemplating updating it. You might find links to v1.77, but v1.88a from 19 July 2006 is the latest available version and is the one I squirreled away ever since it was released on rfactorcentral.com. Dave probably removed the link back when rfactorcentral's new owners changed the terms of uploads and started charging fees.

Last edited:
The author, Dave Purdy, passed away in 2016 (or very early 2017). It gave him joy that people were still using the tool even well after rF2 launched and he was contemplating updating it. You might find links to v1.77, but v1.88a from 19 July 2006 is the latest available version and is the one I squirreled away ever since it was released on rfactorcentral.com. Dave probably removed the link back when rfactorcentral's new owners changed the terms of uploads and started charging fees.

Emery,
i have a version 189, i have had this since it was released by Dave.Other than file size and some dates i cannot see or notice any difference. It works fine and i still use it today including RF2 to make the base engine .

I'm trying to use the engine editor to increase total power as well as fix the power curve of a lot of F1 engines. A lot of the engines loose power when increasing the revs to, let's say, qualifying revs which is the complete opposite of how it should be.

There is a beautiful scaling option which allows to scale the power curve up to further revs but I don't think the reliability and fuel usage and heat and all that other sort of stuff gets scaled too.

Does any one know of a simple way to do this? It seems like it shouldn't be complex but I can't really figure it out.
an alternative to this is
What's the password to enter this website?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 13397

I'm trying to use the engine editor to increase total power as well as fix the power curve of a lot of F1 engines. A lot of the engines loose power when increasing the revs to, let's say, qualifying revs which is the complete opposite of how it should be.

There is a beautiful scaling option which allows to scale the power curve up to further revs but I don't think the reliability and fuel usage and heat and all that other sort of stuff gets scaled too.

Does any one know of a simple way to do this? It seems like it shouldn't be complex but I can't really figure it out.

What's the password to enter this website?
the BLOG has been closed down,
but you can find some stuff of the blog at the RACE07 forum
race07.giize.com/BB

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I don't want to substitute a mechanical engineering textbook or teacher, but I'd like to give a fast and qualitative explaination of what compression is.
A 4 stroke engine outputs a positive torque only in 1 stroke, during the other 3 strokes it assorbs torque. So, when the energy freed during the firing stroke doesn't compensate the energy eat to maintain the engine working, the engine behaves as a brake, in other words generates a negative torque.
Compression, so, we're talking of fluidodynamics. As you know a compression ratio exists: the chamber decreases its volume when the piston moves to the motorhead, as fundamental gases laws tell us, the pressure of the gas in the vessel increases. Pressure means force related to the internal surface of the vessel, force means acceleration that also become a momentum on the driveshaft But this process is not free, to comprex a gas an external intervention is needed. I ask the reader to avoid me to repeat again what I wrote before.
Combining all things, we can see the piston as pushing a spring inside the chamber, a special spring that stretches when the engine fires, and is relaxed when the volume of the chamber is at its maximum

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%