Making AI use Push to Pass.

pjlee1998

Peter Lee
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any idea how to make the AI use Push to Pass? Yesterday I copied all the Stock Car Push to Pass files into the Formula Extreme (my own mod of it) and got it to work. I have run a few test races but it seems the AI won't use it, despite it working for me when I drive.

Is there a file I have missed to get it to work? I think it could be effective if I can get it to work.

Hi,

Be sure you have the following lines in your "engine.ini" file and "series" file.
As you used the Stock V8 2017 files look at "StockV8_2017_engine.ini" and in Series folder at REIZA01.srs file.
You can open them both with Notepad and copy/paste these lines in the xxx_engine.ini file and xxx.srs file of your mod.

ENGINE.INI:

P2PEffects=(40.0, 0.005, 0.052) // RPM increase per setting, fuel increase (1%) per setting, engine wear rate (5.2%) per setting
P2PTorque=-0.00 // 0.4% less torque per setting (applies to all RPMs)
P2PPower=0.012 // % more horsepower per setting

In Series folder, look at REIZA01.srs for these lines under // SESSION TIMES AND DURATIONS , and copy/paste into srs file of your mod:

P2P-MaxBoostCount = 15 //Max number of p2p boosts [overwrites engine.ini value]
P2P-BoostInterval = 100 //Minimum time between boosts in seconds [overwrites engine.ini value]
P2P-BoostDuration = 16 //Duration of each boost in seconds [overwrites engine.ini value]
P2P-BoostDelay = 5 //Seconds that will pass since the player press the p2p button and the boost will start to take effect [overwrites engine.ini value]
P2P-BoostMinimumCrossings=1 //Number of times the car must cross the s/f line before being able to push the p2p
P2P-TestDayAllowed = 0 // 0 not allowed and 1 allowed. Bellow settings works in the same way
P2P-Practice1Allowed = 0
P2P-Practice2Allowed = 0
P2P-Practice3Allowed = 0
P2P-Practice4Allowed = 0
P2P-Qualify1Allowed = 0
P2P-Qualify2Allowed = 0
P2P-Qualify3Allowed = 0
P2P-Qualify4Allowed = 0
P2P-WarmupAllowed = 0
P2P-Race1Allowed = 1
P2P-Race2Allowed = 1
P2P-Race3Allowed = 1
P2P-Race4Allowed = 1

Hope this helps;)

Hi,

Be sure you have the following lines in your "engine.ini" file and "series" file.
As you used the Stock V8 2017 files look at "StockV8_2017_engine.ini" and in Series folder at REIZA01.srs file.
You can open them both with Notepad and copy/paste these lines in the xxx_engine.ini file and xxx.srs file of your mod.

ENGINE.INI:

P2PEffects=(40.0, 0.005, 0.052) // RPM increase per setting, fuel increase (1%) per setting, engine wear rate (5.2%) per setting
P2PTorque=-0.00 // 0.4% less torque per setting (applies to all RPMs)
P2PPower=0.012 // % more horsepower per setting

In Series folder, look at REIZA01.srs for these lines under // SESSION TIMES AND DURATIONS , and copy/paste into srs file of your mod:

P2P-BoostInterval = 100 //Minimum time between boosts in seconds [overwrites engine.ini value]
P2P-BoostDuration = 16 //Duration of each boost in seconds [overwrites engine.ini value]
P2P-BoostDelay = 5 //Seconds that will pass since the player press the p2p button and the boost will start to take effect [overwrites engine.ini value]
P2P-BoostMinimumCrossings=1 //Number of times the car must cross the s/f line before being able to push the p2p
P2P-TestDayAllowed = 0 // 0 not allowed and 1 allowed. Bellow settings works in the same way
P2P-Practice1Allowed = 0
P2P-Practice2Allowed = 0
P2P-Practice3Allowed = 0
P2P-Practice4Allowed = 0
P2P-Qualify1Allowed = 0
P2P-Qualify2Allowed = 0
P2P-Qualify3Allowed = 0
P2P-Qualify4Allowed = 0
P2P-WarmupAllowed = 0
P2P-Race1Allowed = 1
P2P-Race2Allowed = 1
P2P-Race3Allowed = 1
P2P-Race4Allowed = 1

Hope this helps;)
Thanks, very helpful :thumbsup:

After some tests, do you know how to increase the gap that the AI will use P2P? They only seem to use it if very close to the car in front. Ideally I'd like them to use it if up to 1.0 second behind. :)

Thanks, very helpful :thumbsup:

After some tests, do you know how to increase the gap that the AI will use P2P? They only seem to use it if very close to the car in front. Ideally I'd like them to use it if up to 1.0 second behind. :)

You're welcome:)

Search for the following lines in yourmod.srs file, almost at the top of the file.

OvertakingRadiusRiskBypass = 600 //radius in meter, from this radius and above the AI will be bypassing, bellow it will not
OvertakingWaypointsAhead = 15 //Number of waypoints ahead of the current one to calculate the radius

Never adjusted the values here myself, but i guess if you decrease the value of the entry " OvertakingRadiusRiskBypass" you may find out the behaviour of bypassing/overtaking will change.
And maybe you have to increase the value of the entry "OvertakingWaypointsAhead".

Let me know what you did find out when playing with these values;)

Grtz

Search for the following lines in yourmod.srs file, almost at the top of the file.

OvertakingRadiusRiskBypass = 600 //radius in meter, from this radius and above the AI will be bypassing, bellow it will not
OvertakingWaypointsAhead = 15 //Number of waypoints ahead of the current one to calculate the radius

Never adjusted the values here myself, but i guess if you decrease the value of the entry " OvertakingRadiusRiskBypass" you may find out the behaviour of bypassing/overtaking will change.
And maybe you have to increase the value of the entry "OvertakingWaypointsAhead".

Grtz

Yes, sharing info about how/how well these lines work will be helpful to others in the future :)

Grtz
Thanks I'll have a look at those values :thumbsup:

Is there some way to make the P2P to work just as F1 KERS. I mean, you press the button and the boost start and keeps only for 6,7seg and restart when you cross the line?

Is there some way to make the P2P to work just as F1 KERS. I mean, you press the button and the boost start and keeps only for 6,7seg and restart when you cross the line?
Looks fairly easy to achieve something similar to that, just set boost duration to 6.7(or 7 if does not work) and boost delay to 0 i think will make the trick, but similar to kers or temporal boost itself in the recharges looks at least different to achieve

Looks fairly easy to achieve something similar to that, just set boost duration to 6.7(or 7 if does not work) and boost delay to 0 i think will make the trick, but similar to kers or temporal boost itself in the recharges looks at least different to achieve
I've tried what you said, but something strange happens. When you are accelerating, the p2p doesn't turn off unitl the rpm goes down to the half. That way, we you are using the kers, it did't turn off until the brake, and sometimes even after the brake it doesn't turn off. I'm still testing this on, but I think it's not possible to make in AMS game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back