Making a pitlane for rfactor in BTB

Hi all,

I am a noob so apologies in advance.

I have been trying to search out how to make a pitlane in BTB. I have found a few different ideas but my issue seems to be when you add the the pitlane in it doesnt allow you to move the entrance or exit. Also I have read many different options as to how to make the lane itself (using a open ended track, making the section of the pitlane wider etc).

Is there a tutorial somewhere that gives infor on how to build a pitlane.

Sorry I havent been able to add screenshots but I am currently at work.

Thanks!!!

Thanks all. I will have a try moving the nodes in 3d. Also I am trying to find out the best way to actual build the pitlane itself (using a open ended track, making the section of the pitlane wider etc). Again suggestions are appreciated.

I always use an open ended track, as it gives me great control over the pitlane. The only issue I have is joining it to the main track I can never get this right.... any tips? I've seen Brendan's video... is this the only and / or best way? :)

I would do it like this - mostly it needs some graphical skills, but I think you will like it.

By the way I made some fantasy race track (just road and some terrain) - if anybody likes it, please feel free to use it and develop as you wish. Track length - 2250 meters.
Although I used only textures from newly made xpack (repainted from btb originals), remember to add Default XPack to the project's XPacks folder - I have deleted it to make the file smaller.
You can downolad here (some screenshot is located there too):

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bobs-track-builder-37/example-pit-lane-btb-project-4558/

I'm sorry that I have so small knowledge of building for rFactor, so you may need to correct drive lines as well as pitlane lines.

i can not move the pitlane points at all - its like they are locked tight
i click and drag (using multiple variations of ctrl shift alt left and rightclicks but nothing worked)
moving the other dots along the length of the pitlane works but it really slow
had to redo my track because i had no way of moving the pitlane to another part of my track :-/

Sounds like you have a big track with lots of stuff, try hiding as many objects as you can. If that don't work, try saving the project as a new name, then delete everything but the track, setup the aiw, export to a new folder and copy the aiw over to your existing track.

Or you could do the aiw with the rfactor aiw cam editor.

even if i just have the track laid out (road only - no terrain no objects )- im unable to move the pitlane :/ (if i cant fix this i will just redo the track and start in the proper position )

what exactly is the AIW ? read those 3 letters a few times now but i still dont get it :D

thanks !

AIW, Artificial Intelligence thingy.
How long is your track, I only have come across this problem when the track has been very long and lots of stuff in it which cause it to lag so much you cant move things. You can try in your options to set the update timing to Deferred.

I wouldn't redo the whole track because of this. Move ahead and learn how to use the aiw editor. http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-...orial-beginners-guide-making-rfactor-aiw.html

it wasnt the only reason i had to redo the track .. not all that bad xD
the new track i laid out drives a lot better

length of track : 11km
but it lags nonetheless , had a short track build and moving pitlane dots lagged as bad

here is what i do
-i click the any pitlane dot (lags for about a second)
- i move the dot - (lags for 10-15 seconds ) then the dot is moved

this happens only for the pitlane dots
update timing doesn't make any different (deferred or partially deferred )

edit : so i clicked on a dot of the fastline , moved it and pitlane dot moved along with it - how nice is that :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back