Making a mini 'mod' - how to change the engine sounds?

led00m

Sim racer, kart racer and an academic
Hi all,

I'm making a mini mod for my league but to put the cherry on top I really want to use the SST V8 sounds in the ARC camaros. I can't find the SST.sfx file anywhere... Can someone point me in the right direction? Or at least elaborate on what steps I should take to make my own .sfx?

Cheers!

Dom

This is actually very easy. Just open your veh files and edit your sound line to look like this:
Sounds=ARC_Camaro\ARC_Camaro.sfx
This basically tells your mod to look in that directory for the Camaro sounds. And the sound files already exist in the Gamedata\Sounds folder so that one line edit is really all it takes to make your mod work. ;)

This is actually very easy. Just open your veh files and edit your sound line to look like this:
Sounds=ARC_Camaro\ARC_Camaro.sfx
This basically tells your mod to look in that directory for the Camaro sounds. And the sound files already exist in the Gamedata\Sounds folder so that one line edit is really all it takes to make your mod work. ;)

I wish it was that easy :o

My .veh shows the sound as Sounds=ARC_Camaro.sfx. When I I try to change it to SST/SST.sfx, the car that I change that to disapears from the list :/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back