Make Cockpit Inside View Lights Brighter?

Hi, I have recently got a gaming PC and assetto corsa is such an amazing game with the mod support that is out there makes it better than forza horizon 4. Especially with the high force mod.

I have downloaded content manager and customer shader patch and love racing in the night.

My question to all you experts out there is I want to make the interior led lights inside the cars dashboard (in cockpit view) more brighter, to give it more glow in the night. Basically, I want to make the interior lights brighter and nothing else, just them.

Is there a mod or setting that I can change or perhaps a value in the text file inside the games folder? I have tried search and figuring it out but have no luck. It must be really simply to do?

Please guys help me.

You can do it, but it's really hard to explain here.

The easiest way is to play around with the glare settings of whichever ppfilter you are using to enhance the luminance of light glare. Problem is, you will not only change the amount that interior lights glow, but also the sun glare and exterior lights when viewing a replay so it's a balancing act.

If you want to get really advanced, you can leave the glare settings alone so you don't mess with the sun and lights from an external view and enable this option in the ppfilter: [EXT_GLARE_FIRSTPERSON_SHAPE] assuming the ppfilter has that option. Then you need to play around with the numbers for SHAPE_BLOOM_LUMINANCE and SHAPE_LUMINANCE to get the desired look for the interior lights. Problem here is, messing with those settings will change the amount of sun glare from the interior view as well so once again it is a balancing act between the interior and exterior settings to get the look you want.

What ppfilter are you using and do use use Sol as well or just CM and CSP? Maybe I can have a look and see if I can come up with something that you prefer for that filter.

Last edited:
Hi, I have recently got a gaming PC and assetto corsa is such an amazing game with the mod support that is out there makes it better than forza horizon 4. Especially with the high force mod.

I have downloaded content manager and customer shader patch and love racing in the night.

My question to all you experts out there is I want to make the interior led lights inside the cars dashboard (in cockpit view) more brighter, to give it more glow in the night. Basically, I want to make the interior lights brighter and nothing else, just them.

Is there a mod or setting that I can change or perhaps a value in the text file inside the games folder? I have tried search and figuring it out but have no luck. It must be really simply to do?

Please guys help me.

Welcome to Assetto Corsa :) I cannot tell you how to make the cockpit brighter ( i also find this very annoying). BUT i can let you know that many racers use the SideKick app. Me included. You get all the info you need, including torque shifting data (AMAZING), and you don’t need to see the car dashboard. Yes the realism is lacking, but as the guy above said its not easy to mod, so just use SideKick :)

See you on the track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 129 7.5%
  • < 5 years