Resource icon

Skins Mak-Corp Group-C Porsche 962C Cabin Racing 1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Really nice skin, but I can't seem to make the banner on the top of the windshield work. Am I doing anything wrong? I just extracted inside the folder
1616462629978.png
1616462595792.png

But in the showroom, all the DDS files are shown as whole skin options:
1616462795981.png

Last edited:
The skins were done for version 0.96, the naming of the wind shield is different for the latest version of the mod. So I am assuming you are running the latest version. So try renaming the files for the windshield as below and also delete the mas file. The mas file isn't really needed it gets created when you click the refresh button. If the skin appears white in the showroom click on Cabinalt and then click refresh and the skin should appear correct and it will create a new mas file. What you did was perfectly correct.
Personally I prefer version 0.96, the AI in the latest version seem too fast to me, maybe I'm just too slow. Hope this works for you.

CabinaltExtra2.dds to Cabinaltwindshield.dds
Cabinaltwindowsin.dds to Cabinaltwindshieldin.dds
Cabinaltwindowsout.dds to Cabinaltwindshieldout.dds

Thank you for your response!

I am indeed running the latest Steam version of rF2. I'll try renaming the files later tonight, and update my reply with the results.

The AI is definitely weird... super slow in some situations, like the F1 '86 mod at Silverstone, like 4s a lap slower than me. But at Sebring with the Group C cars, it is over 3s faster than me at my absolute limit!

I can't use a version other than the one from the Steam workshop as the racing league I'm in requires us to use the latest version.

I tried renaming the files as mentioned but now the top banner is just transparent.. maybe the templates themselves are different as well?

1616533878835.png

1616533925436.png

Last edited:
Nevermind, got it working!

I downloaded the templates for the 1.1 version, and inside the 962C folder there was a READ.txt file with the following contents:

The banner has been moved on to a different name to allow compatability with rain on the banner.

From this point, WINDSHIELDIN and WINDSHIELDOUT represent the banner, same image for both cases. So, use the banner.psd to make your banner and save 2 of them with the post-fix as mentioned before.

For example,

Repsol_07WINDSHIELDIN.dds and Repsol_07WINDSHIELDOUT.dds

So all I did was take the CabinaltExtra2.dds, duplicated it and renamed the original file and copy to Cabinaltwindshieldin.dds and Cabinaltwindshieldout.dds respetively. Now it is working as expected!

Thank you for all your help!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 317 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%