rF2 Mak-Corp '91 Group C cars @ Brianza 10K - Thu 25 Apr 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well I was just on the practice server with three other drivers ..I followed them ..left lane first, then right, then alternate left-right-left-right ...they all recorded there laps times ..for me nothing.

Works fine offline in a AI race..

I have run out of ideas to try Denis, so you will have to count me out of this race.

Well I was just on the practice server with three other drivers ..I followed them ..left lane first, then right, then alternate left-right-left-right ...they all recorded there laps times ..for me nothing.

Works fine offline in a AI race..

I have run out of ideas to try Denis, so you will have to count me out of this race.

I didn't watch you in my mirrors. Did you stay on the left hand side of the banking. When I dropped to the right side my lap time would be disqualified.

I noticed that my laps didnt get recorded until I had ran around for a little while, not sure its just hitting me with corner cutting or if its a weird issue with the track

I noticed that my laps didnt get recorded until I had ran around for a little while, not sure its just hitting me with corner cutting or if its a weird issue with the track
Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I could tell, if you exit the pits in what i understand now to be the correct way (staying right, onto the banking), your first laptime doesn't register until the end of the 2nd complete lap, so 2.5 times around the circuit.
Leaving the pits and heading directly into Curva Grande though (the wrong way apparently), you only need to do 2 complete laps (the usual outlap plus flying lap) before registering a time.

By my calculations i don't have to do a pitstop in this race.
I use the lowest boost setting and use the "temporary boost" button to get up to speed.
It seems pretty tight in terms of strategy between going balls out on maximum speed and pitting, verses using less fuel to go slower and avoiding having to pit. Could be an interesting case of tortoise vs hare ;)

So is anyone not planning to drive the Sauber? I'm still wondering which car to choose. I like the Porsche more, but it does seem to be a tad slower (about 3 or 4 seconds for me I think) and even with the highest possible setup, it still scrapes on the banking here and there.

Thanks Dennis for sharing an excellent setup for the Sauber, I wouldn't have survived in the 962C.
Even more impressive for Marco Antonio to have taken a win in that car, congrats.

After a great call in the pits where I managed to overtake Marco Antonio and obtain the lead, I made a mistake on the exit of Curva Grande, pressing the Neutral button instead of the Temporary Boost one!
I panicked and did multiple 360s, flatspotting my tires :) and losing the lead. I wasn't able to ever close the gap to P1, so P2 it was.

Clean and fun racing. I'd love to race these cars again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back