rF2 Mak-Corp '91 Group C cars @ Brianza 10K - Thu 25 Apr 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
its a confusing track...you deffo racing the right way lol ??
That is how I found I was racing on wrong layout ..someone joined the server, he kept right at the split, I was going left. So I corrected myself and made a post on here, I was sure the was my issue. Sadly it was not, still not recording my lap times? ..but the problem does seem pacific to me, so it proves nothing is wrong with server settings.

I am now on the GT3 sever with no issues. I do not see what else I can do, other than pull out of this event :(

Craig, you keep left out of the pits, then when you come around the second time keep right and go around the banking section. If in doubt, do it in single player and follow the AI round. I'm sure that's all it is mate. :)

Any advice to springs......? To Mercedes, it is very annoying to drive in this track . Other thing,
Is normal that the temperature of wather is very high?
Obviously, the Mercedes is the choice, because is 7 seconds more faster than the others, but I don't feel comfortable with it.
Well, I guess that's the point of having different cars with different characteristics. The Merc is clearly faster, but it's much more tricky to drive. No point being fast if you don't finish the race. What you gain on the swings, you lose on the roundabouts.
The engine temps will be lower with higher gearing, but this may yield slower lap times. You may also want to consider what effect slipstreaming will have on this. Also, I don't think the cars can do the whole race on 1 tank of gas (well, not on full boost anyway), so it's looking like we may need to pit for fuel. All adds to the fun IMO. :D

For the temperature, upping the radiator a click or two also seems to help.

BTW I just realized I might've been going around the track kinda the wrong way too, every time I drove there ;) I always go right from the pits, to the banking...and I was wondering why the game measures the laptimes when I cross the start/finish line coming from the banking, yet it never occured to me...:rolleyes::redface:

For the temperature, upping the radiator a click or two also seems to help.

BTW I just realized I might've been going around the track kinda the wrong way too, every time I drove there ;) I always go right from the pits, to the banking...and I was wondering why the game measures the laptimes when I cross the start/finish line coming from the banking, yet it never occured to me...:rolleyes::redface:
I was doing that, but I think at some point, I followed the AI out of the pit in SP. :)

Yes , the radiator in 7, obviously. Is the only way to not burn the engine.
But , in any case , with others cars , you need to make a pit stop , with the Mercedes you have to full the tank, the others you much put less gas.

Any advice to springs......? To Mercedes, it is very annoying to drive in this track . Other thing,
Is normal that the temperature of wather is very high?
Obviously, the Mercedes is the choice, because is 7 seconds more faster than the others, but I don't feel comfortable with it.
No one ever feels comfortable with this German Rocket Ship :)

scary drive.gif

Sign me as a maybe if you could Denis, I have work tomorrow and its going to be touch and go as to whether I get home in time to get on for the race, Looks like a lot of fun so hope I get out of work on time :thumbsup:

Not sure about setup or strategy, but I reckon I'll go with the Merc.
Also I see there's been some debate on how to exit the pits. Just to confirm - was the conclusion that you should head left onto Curva Grande and not the banking?
I guess this would also be a consideration for anyone who has to stop for fuel. In that case, am I right in saying that you would enter the pits after the banking by cutting across the right hand lane?

Also I see there's been some debate on how to exit the pits. Just to confirm - was the conclusion that you should head left onto Curva Grande and not the banking?
I guess this would also be a consideration for anyone who has to stop for fuel. In that case, am I right in saying that you would enter the pits after the banking by cutting across the right hand lane?

Good question Andy ...the AI in one race went left then right then left throughout the whole race ..in another race, then went left then right and stayed right?

I wouldn't do that in a race session--you will probably get a penalty . The correct way ( like AI do it ) drive onto the Banking . In practice you will of course faster get a TIMED lap if you take the grande route...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%