MAJOR issues with Sim-plicity Ollie’s Kit?

A few months ago I purchased a SimuCube SW20 direct drive wheel system from Sim-plicity. I know Ollie (Sim-plicity) is a well known and seemingly respected guy in the sim racing community, but I’ve been treated very unprofessionally by him and his team.

After using the SW20 for a while it eventually developed a problem, so I sent it off to Sim-plicity to test it. After they confirmed they couldn’t actually find a problem with it, they instantly gave me a refund WITHOUT ANY prompt or suggestion from me. This is not what I wanted at all, and I found it very strange they’d just take the wheel away from me even though they found nothing wrong with it.

After WEEKS of me sending them multiple emails asking why they did this and for them to return the wheel to me and reverse the refund they finally replied with an email that completely ignored everything I’d asked them, and simply asked me if I’d received my refund...

On top of this I’d also requested that we speak on the phone; this they did not address at all. Many more weeks have passed since then, with me sending them multiple emails, and they’ve still not replied.

So not only have they completely ignored everything I’ve said and asked, they’re now blatantly ignoring all my attempts at communication. By the way, I cannot simply buy another wheel from them as I purchased mine when there was a summer discount sale on, which took off a massive amount of money.

All I want is my wheel back - I purchased a high end gaming PC purely for my Sim rig, but it’s now redundant as they’ve just taken my wheel from me.

Has anyone else been mistreated by this company? I’m so desperate to resolve this situation and any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS. Again, it’s extremely important to me I get this wheel back - I’ve invested so much money in this and I feel absolutely shocked and upset at the LACK OF HONESTY they’re demonstrating.

All the best,
Max Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
May I ask what your problem was with the wheel? I'm planning to buy a SW20 from them but your story got me discouraged a bit.
I'm hesitating whether to buy from Sim-pli.city or simracingbay.
It would be great if anyone else could give some feedback about customer support.

Upvote 0
Max, why don't you post here the messages you emailed them. This is curious as it doesn't make an awful lot of sense how this situation went from sending them back the unit and an refund without asking.

Upvote 0
Usually, such complaints are the opposite.
In that, the person is fighting to get a refund, rather than a product they sent then returned back to them.

If you did not mention or request a refund in any correspondence, then the item technically still was your property. However if the company cannot find a fault with the item in testing, that you described. They might only just of annoyed you further as how would you be any more satisfied? Yet for them also at the additional expense of re-shipping it back.

Perhaps, they may not of had identical stock to replace it with?
Although this seems such, would/should of been discussed and acknowledged prior to a refund just given.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
Was it the discounted and now discontinued older kit version that they use to sell ?
Just asking because if that is the case then it may well be that as they could not find the fault and could not supply you with the same spec kit that they thought best to just refund you. ?

Admittedly, This does not help you much and as you say has left you without a osw kit...

I've got a Large Mige kit coming from them, hopefully this Thursday or Friday.
Would of been Today but they emailed me to say the Large Mige Servo delivery has been delayed by uk customs so should now be with them This Wednesday.
Was supposed to be back instock last Friday.

Upvote 0
May I ask what your problem was with the wheel? I'm planning to buy a SW20 from them but your story got me discouraged a bit.
I'm hesitating whether to buy from Sim-pli.city or simracingbay.
It would be great if anyone else could give some feedback about customer support.
Thanks for your response! The problem was a scraping in the FFB, and I think it was due to the update rate of the FFB not matching the RFactor 2 update rate. However, RFactor 2 removed the ability to change this setting!

After the way Sim-Plicity have conducted their business with me I’d highly recommend you don’t deal with them - the fact their products are so expensive (we’re talking just under £1000) means they should be taking care of their customers and not being dishonest.

Upvote 0
Usually, such complaints are the opposite.
In that, the person is fighting to get a refund, rather than a product they sent then returned back to them.

If you did not mention or request a refund in any correspondence, then the item technically still was your property. However if the company cannot find a fault with the item in testing, that you described. They might only just of annoyed you further as how would you be any more satisfied? Yet for them also at the additional expense of re-shipping it back.

Perhaps, they may not of had identical stock to replace it with?
Although this seems such, would/should of been discussed and acknowledged prior to a refund just given.
That’s the thing - I never, not even once, suggested I’d want a refund. They gave me my money back with ZERO warning or questioning. Their further replies were obviously dismissive and secretive, and have since completely ignored every follow up email I’ve sent them. I have been, and still am shocked at their lack of customer consideration and their dishonesty. This company are dealing products at enormously expensive prices; the same price bracket as Apple Macs! Yet I’m being treated as if I’ve just purchased something that costs £10...

Upvote 0
Hi,
Was it the discounted and now discontinued older kit version that they use to sell ?
Just asking because if that is the case then it may well be that as they could not find the fault and could not supply you with the same spec kit that they thought best to just refund you. ?

Admittedly, This does not help you much and as you say has left you without a osw kit...

I've got a Large Mige kit coming from them, hopefully this Thursday or Friday.
Would of been Today but they emailed me to say the Large Mige Servo delivery has been delayed by uk customs so should now be with them This Wednesday.
Was supposed to be back instock last Friday.
I think that’s what it is! I notice that the prices of their kits seem to be even more expensive now, and that’s not counting the discounted price. I get the impression that they’ve on purposely done this so that I’m forced to purchase one of their newer, non discounted, and more expensive units. You have no idea how angry, upset and frustrated their lack of honesty and consideration toward me, their customer, has made me. The fact is, all my separate peripherals I’ve heavily invested in INCLUDING the wheel itself and button box are specifically compatible with the kit I purchased, so I can’t simply buy one from another company! This is why I really need my kit returned.

Upvote 0
Hi Max,
Im 100% sure thats why they did what they did. Just a shame they never offered you the option to take it back, if they could not replicate the fault/issue that you had Max.

Upvote 0
.The fact is, all my separate peripherals I’ve heavily invested in INCLUDING the wheel itself and button box are specifically compatible with the kit I purchased, so I can’t simply buy one from another company! This is why I really need my kit returned.

Max.
Im pretty sure there SMALL 20Nm Mige kits are the same spec as most other SMALL 20Nm Mige servo kits for sale.
The only issue is you will have to pay more then the discounted price you paid.
There is another uk company selling pretty much the same kit but with the lower spec(non HC) ioni.
But,
There kit Now includes the latest 2048 Mige Encoder which alone would cost you £200 to buy.(From them)
So in the end you will be paying £1050 but have the Upgraded £200 2048 Encoder (2million ppr vs 40000 ppr) included.

So,
Maybe in the end there will be a silver lining to this dark cloud ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Incorrect,

the unit price for single 2048 line encoder cost US$115 per piece right from Lisa @ Mige.
Sorry, I forgot to add that Im talking about what the same £1050 mige kit uk retailer is selling it for.
I now foundout from a granitydevices forum post that he pays £135 for them after shipping.
So. Im guessing, £135+£25 his profit, then +£32 (20% vat/Tax) and maybe £8 postage ?
Anyway,
Thankyou for letting us know we can buy for $115(+shipping?)
Unfortunately we then get "the pleasure" of having to pay an extra 20% vat +£? % of import tax charges + when last checked a £8-13 customs clearence fee.
(Another bullsh#t made up fee by uk postal service)

Upvote 0
What's wrong with this one for €110?

https://www.simracingbay.com/product/sincos-encoder-for-mige-motors/

Even with currency conversion and shipping it's only going to be about £110.

Your don't get the custom aluminium enclosure from those guys but it's a better encoder and a bit cheaper than simplicity, that's what I'd go for instead.
Thanks for finding, but total price is
154.98 euro including vat and shipping.

But still better then £200. Wgich means that you are paying £50-60 more for rear enclosure.

Upvote 0
Max.
Im pretty sure there SMALL 20Nm Mige kits are the same spec as most other SMALL 20Nm Mige servo kits for sale.
The only issue is you will have to pay more then the discounted price you paid.
There is another uk company selling pretty much the same kit but with the lower spec(non HC) ioni.
But,
There kit Now includes the latest 2048 Mige Encoder which alone would cost you £200 to buy.(From them)
So in the end you will be paying £1050 but have the Upgraded £200 2048 Encoder (2million ppr vs 40000 ppr) included.

So,
Maybe in the end there will be a silver lining to this dark cloud ;)
Thank you so much! That really is amazingly helpful!

Upvote 0
Can I just say a massive thank you to all of you for helping me with this and discussing this issue, it really means a lot and I can’t thank you all enough. This has caused me so much grief and stress over the past few months so it’s so relieving to know there are people who care!

I’ll have a look at all these great suggestions you’re bringing up, again I’m so so grateful. I hope we can spread as much awareness as possible about Sim-Plicity and their dishonest business - I’ve had multiple messages from people saying they’ve experienced exactly the same issues with their Sim-Plicity wheels as I have, which suggests extremely disgusting behaviour from a company that charges so much money for their broken products...

Thank you all again so much, I hope this topic continues to grow and gain awareness.

Max

Upvote 0
Hopefully you will Get there in the end Max ;)

And I just want to add this bit of information for everyone to read, If there having FFB issues in R3E.
I fixed my R3E ffb fault by downloading the latest Simucube 0.9 FW. Hope this information reaches anyyone that needs it ;)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back