F1 2018 MAJOR BUG CONFIRMED - Higher FPS = Lower Tyre Temps!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
A few days ago a competitor by the name of Sien posted a video claiming that he experienced higher tyre temperatures and thus greater tyre wear and slower lap times when running at a lower frame rate.

This got me thinking….. Having dabbled in game development myself a few years back, the concept has merit. I don’t know how Codemasters engine works for this particular game, but many game engines do in fact link events such as refreshing the physics, environment, input, etc based on frame cycles. However I wasn’t keen to jump to conclusions as any time a human is driving there are quite a few variables at play, regardless of how fast and consistent the driver is.

I set out to find a way to test this more accurately and discovered I could capture the game’s UDP telemetry in Benchmark mode, meaning we can compare tyre temperatures at different frame rates with far less other variables than with a human driver.

This video shows my testing and the results.

what the F? ..... srsly so everyone that dont have a beast machine and playing maybe this game on 50 fps or so. are effed when they driving an multiplayer race agains guys who are on the same level but having higher fps... srsly codemasters wtf

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 486 39.1%