Magnussen to replace Maldonado at Renault

Reminds me of Milka Duno. Same sponsorship (through a holding company), same nationality, same crashing, and entirely too long a run in IndyCar. But at least Milka was smokin' hot. Pastor? Not so much....er, except apparently to Bram. Perhaps they could get married and spawn many little bad drivers. :laugh:
200px-Milka_Duno_2008_Indy_500_Bump_Day.jpg
Pastor-Maldonado-EFE_NACIMA20151010_0025_6.jpg

While it will be sad to see the Maldonator go as he always adds a little excitement to every race, it's good to see someone with talent back in the seat again. All the best to K-Mag. This season is going to be a good one.

In our College football, the players are put in a combined practice (NFL Combine), then the NFL football teams can evaluate the talent.

Why can't F1 do the same?
Make a special dispensation for the last 2 F1 teams in points. Allow the use of their cars for the testing sessions. It's not as if they will miraculously gain 4 seconds a lap from this test.

Have these tests every year? 2 years?. And over a 1 week period all the drivers are evaluated in two different cars. This ensures the best talent advances to the next level - regardless of which discipline they are racing currently. Televise it. That would be fun to watch.

The pay to drive formula is a double edged sword. One one hand, drivers who have the talent would not get the opportunity. On the other hand, drivers who don't pay and who do have talent (or more talent) would be excluded from teams they would normally use as stepping stones. hmmm. did I just say the same thing twice? :O_o: You know what I mean.

Also.....I'm gonna say it.....
Worldwide advertising/promotion requires someone who is somewhat photogenic and somewhat socially (other than Kimi ;)) adept. It's unfortunate, but who wants the obese, meatloaf hoarding lady with cottage cheese legs promoting diet food to pretty people in Monaco? You get the picture.

Then it'll be a case of real racing coming to more accurately GT3 racing in sims.
ohh there is a car in the corner....divebomb!
ohh there is a car in the corner....divebomb!
ohh there are three cars in the corner....divebomb all of them!!!

Last edited:
The sponsorship was just the perfect excuse, everybody knows that. Even if that wasn't the case, I really doubt Renault would want him on the team for their F1 return. And if he was a very good driver, they would've reached an agreement.

It was about time. Money was the only thing keeping him in F1.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back