Magnussen: Consistency Key for Haas in 2017

magnussen haas.jpg
Consistency will be key for Kevin Magnussen this season as he moves to Haas.

He believes the American team showed promise in their debut season and now need to focus on finishing inside the points on a more regular bases.

Haas took only five points finishes last year, struggling especially in the second half of the season. There is hope, though, as the team had at least one driver finish inside the top 11 at more than half the races last year. Magnussen is looking forward to helping Haas get that little bit further and turning top 11 finishes into points finishes.

“Consistency is going to be a good target,” Magnussen told RACER. “What we need to do is find a way of getting more out of our package. I think last year the team had a very good package; the car was a very good car and their challenge was to extract everything out of it and understand it every race because when it worked it was really competitive.

“So hopefully we will have a good package again and our challenge will be to find more consistency. Then hopefully that will bring good results with it.

“I hope we can build on what the team learned last year as they had a very strong season in their first year. It’s going to be a great challenge to improve on that, so hopefully we can.”

Magnussen’s contract with Renault prevented the Dane from working with Haas until the new year, despite having been announced as part of Haas’ 2017 squad last November.

We’ll get our first chance of seeing Haas’ 2017 challenger at a film day on February 25th. Though it’s likely Romain Grosjean will be the man behind the wheel, Magnussen is expected to attend the event at the Circuit de Catalunya.

For more Formula One news and discussions head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with your fellow community members.

Do you expect to see Haas higher up the order this season? Let us know in the comments below!

Good paying driver. Needs to stay close to Roman ( 0.200 ) in quali & race to stay relevant.

Some good inter team battles to come in 2017 :thumbsup:
McLaren garage is my current PPV season ticket choice :geek:

I think consistency will be key for all the low/mid budget teams, can only hope Haas live up to Magnussen's expectations and vica-versa, I don't think much will change from last seasons F1 procession, maybe the low order teams will swap around a little through 2017.
I'm more looking forward to 2018 TBH, here's hoping Liberty Media's team under the influence of Ross Brawn can get some excitement back into the sport, it sure sounds promising with what's been slated so far, fingers crossed they get it right.

View attachment 170473 Consistency will be key for Kevin Magnussen this season as he moves to Haas.

He believes the American team showed promise in their debut season and now need to focus on finishing inside the points on a more regular bases.

Haas took only five points finishes last year, struggling especially in the second half of the season. There is hope, though, as the team had at least one driver finish inside the top 11 at more than half the races last year. Magnussen is looking forward to helping Haas get that little bit further and turning top 11 finishes into points finishes.

“Consistency is going to be a good target,” Magnussen told RACER. “What we need to do is find a way of getting more out of our package. I think last year the team had a very good package; the car was a very good car and their challenge was to extract everything out of it and understand it every race because when it worked it was really competitive.

“So hopefully we will have a good package again and our challenge will be to find more consistency. Then hopefully that will bring good results with it.

“I hope we can build on what the team learned last year as they had a very strong season in their first year. It’s going to be a great challenge to improve on that, so hopefully we can.”

Magnussen’s contract with Renault prevented the Dane from working with Haas until the new year, despite having been announced as part of Haas’ 2017 squad last November.

We’ll get our first chance of seeing Haas’ 2017 challenger at a film day on February 25th. Though it’s likely Romain Grosjean will be the man behind the wheel, Magnussen is expected to attend the event at the Circuit de Catalunya.

For more Formula One news and discussions head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with your fellow community members.

Do you expect to see Haas higher up the order this season? Let us know in the comments below!
Yes, I think they will be placed 5th to 7th of the 2017 constructors' championship

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%