Mafia 2

Johan how could you want to have the same performance of the game on PS3 when it hasnt enough power?
Imo it's just strange that the PS3 is so weak in terms of graphics. The PS3 was later on the market than the X360.. But I remember people at Sony saying the PS3 was much better. Of course it's CPU-power is plenty. Also this + GTA4 + Orange box + Saints Row, even FIFA10 are uglier on PS3, that it makes me afraid of the REAL quality of Gran Turismo 5. Those renders they make at Polyphony are absolutely wonderful, but what will the game be like...

Imo the PS3 failed a bit as a gaming console. it's too much aimed to be a media machine. Most games I buy will be on pc. Console-only will be on X360.. PS3 just doesn't attract much and there are already many people who switched from PS to XBOX because of for example GTA4.

But have you seen the tearing in the PS3 version of Mafia2? It's terrible. Not only image quality isn't up to standard but there's even tearing. This kind of stuff makes me sad for those who only have a PS3..

I saw, and what Crytek said - PS3 is starting to be old, we wont make another game for it anymore, they are right, it doesnt make a sense, the best quality you will get only with PC (and GT5 is wonderful, thats true, but how it could looks like on PC? with High res? I cant imagine that potential of power)

But I have only PS2 maybe I am wrong with my opinion :D

WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I purchased it through Steam and after it got installed, I launched it up. WHOA! I was really impressed. It was easy to play and in general it seemed fine. Until I got half-way. Or let's say 60-70% into the game.
Now it just got ridiculous. Now you mostly spend the time driving around. You drive to person A and speak some. And then you go home to sleep. Next time you woke up (by the annoying phone that will more or less will be your mission starter ) you must drive to person B and then get back home for some additional sleep. And this just goes on and on and on and on. With a couple of guys you must kill in the middle. At the end of the game you just drive around to speak with people and then get back to sleep. I had hard time at the end of the game to feel like an Maffia guy. I felt more like an errand boy doing other peoples duty's. And, there is not so much freedom in the game. I like to role-play and I got disappointed when I discovered you can't have any relationship with any girl at all. Or having some fun in a "free roam" way. But, we all have different thoughts and some may see that as an "so what" thing. It's just that I missed to have that opportunity.

However, there is some really awesome stuff in the story and it touched me deeply. You can almost say I "ken" for the character and more than once I felt "One day, one day I will make your life a living hell" if someone treated me without respect.

I would say the game get a 6/10 from me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back