I'm just going to chip in with my two cents, late though I am.

If you want to assign blame, it should first arrive squarely at the door of Mr Horner. I know he says that they don't use team orders, but you KNOW Ricciardo is faster, has been faster all weekend and that Verstappen has a history of bad decisions and downright stupid and dangerous moves. Do you, as a team leader, really want him anywhere near your best chance of a podium? Ricciardo, if he had not been stuck behind his teammate the entire race, had the pace for a podium if not another win. Verstappen was never going to be any higher than fourth.

In terms of the incident itself, and the drivers, I'm going to have to rag on Verstappen again. I'm sorry, but even if that movement was legal, it was downright stupid when you know your teammate is behind you and is a master of late braking. If they were fighting for a championship, or even a race win, sure go for it. But you are a driver who is under heavy criticism for dangerous driving, and then you pull a move like that completely unnecessarily against your teammate? You have no right to complain about being labelled the next Maldonado. Jesus kid, just use your brain.

As for Ricciardo, that was a move born of desperation. He knew that the longer he waited to get by Verstappen, the worse his of chances of a podium got. So I can understand why he felt the need to force the issue. That being said, it would've taken a miracle for him to have made that corner at that speed. However, after Verstappen made that second move, Ricciardo had absolutely no options. Because of the lack of front downforce, and his locked brakes, he may as well have not had a steering wheel for all of the good it would've done him. He was really just a passenger. On the one hand, I feel sorry for him, because he lost out on a lot of points, and potentially is no longer in the championship contention (which he might have been with a podium here and a decent upgrade package in Spain). On the other hand, that was an extremely risky move which he was kind of forced to make by his team and Verstappen.

TLDR; RBR are to blame, followed by Verstappen and lastly, Ricciardo is somewhat at fault as well.

That Riciardo was the fasted is not totaly true, the words from Dr.Marko. During Ric did his pitstop, Max drove an very fast lap, so he came in front Ric after pitting. Ric had the advantige of a tow and drs. Not my words, so I don't get comments like Maxfanboy.

That Riciardo was the fasted is not totaly true, the words from Dr.Marko. During Ric did his pitstop, Max drove an very fast lap, so he came in front Ric after pitting. Ric had the advantige of a tow and drs. Not my words, so I don't get comments like Maxfanboy.
Maybe, but I don't think so. Look at Ric's pace all weekend. He was arguably the fastest driver on the grid.

Marko is bigger Max fan than you are :roflmao:. The truth is that Red Bull made a mistake not realizing that low tire temps with new tire made possible to Max overcut Ricciardo.:O_o:

Marko is hardly qualified to comment on anything when it comes to driving an F1 car.
I'd like to know how he managed to weasel his way into RBR.
He is a failed 1970s driver and a very shifty manager from the days of F3000.
As for 'Doctor Marko', he was only a Dentist.
:roflmao:

And who are you then? Are you qualified? :poop::poop::poop::poop:
I hate this kind of thinking from people, and this comment in particular. Have you ever heard of an ad hominem? It's a logical fallacy, referring to the act of attacking the person making the argument because you are unable to attack the argument itself. This kind of comment is good only for admitting that you have no idea how to counter the person's argument, and so must attack the person.

Furthermore, do you see me leading an F1 team? Do you see me make public comments representing an entire organization to millions of people? No, because I KNOW I'm not qualified to do so. That being said, I am qualified to call a spade a spade, because I can see and have two working brain cells to rub together.

Mr Helmut Marko has very little to contribute to that team, and the only two people who should and do lead that team are Christian Horner and Adrian Newey. Marko is a politician and businessman, and a rather poor one at that. Horner is a much more experienced leader AND driver than Marko, and Newey is probably the greatest designer in the sport's history.

Last edited:
Mudding people like Marko is not my thing, it's so easy, defending is harder!!
How old are you? Seven!
:laugh:
I have followed Motorsport in general and Formula 1 in particular since the 1960s and to some extent earlier.
One of my younger friends had first hand experience with Marko's 'business acumen' 20 odd years ago when he signed on to the F3000 team run by this 'Manager'.
It was not good and very unethical.
One might be tempted to say 'fraudulent' but I couldn't go so far.

31445127_10155722124454615_783743540525006848_n.jpg

:roflmao::giggle::laugh::whistling::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%