F1 2015 Macro settings

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
this is driving me nuts!!!

have got a logitech g-series keyboard and for all previous games have set the macros with no problems for the fuel, brake balance and tyres, although this year there is an extra menu for downforce.

However assign a new profile for this game like i have done before and they don't work properly. Its like you press one of the macro buttons and just hope its the right one. i.e. I want to adjust the brake balance forward - i get confirmation for option tyres,

Just want to know if anyone else has this problem.

I haven't setup any macros for this year's game yet.

The trouble for me is that the DPAD on the G27 is on the gearbox, a long way from the wheel. It's a pain to use when driving, especially when your car now had 8 gears and you need your right hand for the gear paddle.

Often you have to be very careful with the delay between each simulated key press. If the delay is too short then all sorts of weird selections can happen.

Also if your simulating the use of the a DPAD, it is usually best to remap the quick access menu keys in-game. To something like :-

DPAD Up = Up Arrow (on the keyboard)
DPAD Down = Down Arrow
DPAD Left = Left Arrow
DPAD Right = Right Arrow

Now a Command might be - DPAD Right, DPAD Right, DPAD Right : It would be programmed in the macro as :-

Right Arrow Delay Right Arrow Delay Right Arrow Delay

As i said, if that delay is too short, it can screw with the results

Last edited:
Me ....... the last time I used my G27 DPAD menu ;)

crash.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't setup any macros for this year's game yet.

The trouble for me is that the DPAD on the G27 is on the gearbox, a long way from the wheel. It's a pain to use when driving, especially when your car now had 8 gears and you need your right hand for the gear paddle.

Often you have to be very careful with the delay between each simulated key press. If the delay is too short then all sorts of weird selections can happen.

Also if your simulating the use of the a DPAD, it is usually best to remap the quick access menu keys in-game. To something like :-

DPAD Up = Up Arrow (on the keyboard)
DPAD Down = Down Arrow
DPAD Left = Left Arrow
DPAD Right = Right Arrow

Now a Command might be - DPAD Right, DPAD Right, DPAD Right : It would be programmed in the macro as :-

Right Arrow Delay Right Arrow Delay Right Arrow Delay

As i said, if that delay is too short, it can screw with the results

Thanks for your answer Graham, I had already remapped the keys to U,H,J and M like in previous games, tried all sorts of different delay times from 0.100 second to 3 seconds.
I'm sure its the game that's not making these work properly as i also as well tried the profile i used for f1 2014 which uses the same mapped keys and i get nowhere with this as well.

Thanks for your answer Graham, I had already remapped the keys to U,H,J and M like in previous games, tried all sorts of different delay times from 0.100 second to 3 seconds.
I'm sure its the game that's not making these work properly as i also as well tried the profile i used for f1 2014 which uses the same mapped keys and i get nowhere with this as well.
Thanks for the info.

I always used to use XPadder to do my macros, and I would map some stuff to the redundant gear stick, like 3rd gear = Fwd Brake Bias, 4th gear = Rear Brake Bias, that sort of thing.

I just haven't had a chance to do anything yet, and am also temped to try using Voice Attack to do the macros instead.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%