MacDriver minority asking help

M

mouse2

• mouse2

Is the TrackEd only for PC not Mac?

Is the TrackEd only for PC not Mac? Where can I find the software of TrackEd?
Thanks!

Is the TrackEd only for PC not Mac? Where can I find the software of TrackEd?
Thanks!

As long as you've an Intel Mac and x11, download and install Wine (free) from http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ , then download the latest Windows beta of Racer. When you first try an .exe Wine will ask whether you want to run it or make a wrapper for it: choose to run it. You'll probably get an error message regarding shaders, so you'll need to change the racer.ini file to this one: http://alge.anart.no/projects/racer/configs/racer.ini-0810-nocg

TrackEd should then load, but the next issue is that the window is an odd size and the buttons aren't easily clicked. You'll then need to edit the tracked.ini fine to define the window and 3d view size. Easy!.. Well, I wish it was easier than that ;-)

Really, somebody needs to write a sticky for how to get racer/tracked running under Wine that can be updated every time a new beta comes out.

Sorbus

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 257
Really, somebody needs to write a sticky for how to get racer/tracked running under Wine that can be updated every time a new beta comes out.

"Somebody" needs to code us an updated Mac version of Racer and all the editors as well. :damnit:
Oh yeah, sorry, now I remember: it's not going to happens! Back to my slumber...:sleep:

It's not going to happen because they don't use Macs, therefore it's lucky there's a mac version at all! Respect 'em for the hard work they do........and buy a PC! *runs*

.......and buy a PC! *runs*

mmmmm dangerous words.... *runs quickly* would be better:p

I think you can come far using wine, cider or crossover so without windows. The only thing I can't do is run the newest version, and thats a hardware issue so... mac ftw lol

@Ari: I remember your nice models, would be nice if you tried and bring them in racer. I'm using a mac too, obviously, and its quit easy now:)

I said buy a PC, I didn't say use windows though :p

I'm pretty happy on Linux. The only thing I miss is TDU, everything else runs lovely on Wine.

• mouse2

I use Racer0543 in Mac, it runs very well so far, I like it, especially for some tracks e.g. Small City 2009 and Liberty City. Liberty City looks like New York, maybe I am wrong. Somehow some tracks like Metro, the fence looks pink, maybe it is old version, anyway it is really like some place I used to live in, when I Sim-ride on it, that does remind me of some experience. That is one of my reason to love Racer. Maybe I am talking out of original meaning of Racer, as a Mac user, I don't mind looking at PC-drivers racing excitingly and creating tracks and cars with their intelligence, I like to see Racer community grow. Thanks!

• mouse2

Is there MacUser here who can successfully use steering wheel?
Based on the discussion on one forum:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=23359
I ordered a MOMO racing wheel, I use Racer0543 in MacBook, it seems the steering wheel can testing turn when I plugged in the USB then the left upper green light on, after all no more reaction no matter how I try to use control option to define the function.
Any suggestion? Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years