Macau Grand Prix

Tracks Macau Grand Prix v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
To fix the garage exit problem open the file "Macau_GP.gdb", go to line 17 and change it from "GarageDepth = 3.00" to "GarageDepth = 1.00"

If only I had knew that before working on moving each garage spot deeper. Took me a couple of hours but it works as well.
I will try your solution to check whether it works as well. I'd rather keep that AIW file as close to the original version as I can.

For the record, I'm nearly done. I've fixed : garage exits (all cars), some corners here and there (Any car can take the straight-line kink without hitting the wall), pit lane entry (cars exiting to pit lane at the very end of the race track, without blocking the fast path) and that shitty tight hairpin for F3 and Boxer.
I'm currently trying to fix the hairpin for Marcas as well but it is a tough nut to crack. I can't have them take a proper line through the turn so that they don't hit the left-hand wall. Even with a custom SVM file for the track... Too much understeering with these cars.

Would there be any way to improve the racing line grip for a couple of waypoints? Now thinking of it, that would be quite a good quick fix.

Would there be any way to improve the racing line grip for a couple of waypoints? Now thinking of it, that would be quite a good quick fix.
No quick fix that i'm aware of. In my (limited) experience, the only reliable way to make the AI negotiate through tough spots is to give it the appropriate line to follow. Small changes matter (fine tuning can go a long way but is a long process).
I will take a look at the Marcas/hairpin issue and let you know what i find.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the different inputs. Here's my AIW version. A whole week of tweaking and learning Guitarooman's AIW+CAM tool, AIW parameters, etc. Heaps of fun... Not! :O_o:

Anyway, I come up with a pretty good version. What's fixed:
  • Hairpin for many cars except Marcas (tried also with Next Gen Marcas = same thing). However, Marcas can run a 10-lap race without DNF, even if they slowly hit the exterior wall exiting the tight airpin. On the other hand, F3's have a pretty agressive and working race line through the hairpin and get pretty good lap times. Yes: Stockcars and Montanas do get through the hairpin with no or minimal wall touching. :) Even Opalas do. Did not try F1's, etc though.
  • Corners and lines here and there so that AI doesn't scrap walls at every tight corner.
  • Race lane exit/pit lane entry so that AI brake later when entering the pits. Works pretty well.
  • Starting grid for a couple of spots.
  • Garage exits for all cars it seems (even old Opalas) thanks to the AIW+GDP GarageDepth value (thanks @Simon Aguirre ).
What I could not fix:
  • Hairpin for Marcas (and NGM then). No matter what I've tried, the only solution I found was pushing a SVM setup file to the AI with crazy steering lock angle (like 30 degrees) and editing the track TDF file to ramp up surface grip to the max. Just the setup won't do. Too much understeering and not enough grip for THOSE cars in THAT corner.
  • AI craziness in the main straight around the fast kink even with low agression,. Especially at the start of the race, they're really crazy, taking the kink 3-cars-wide. It causes a big multi-car crash most of the time. Sometimes taking 1/3 or more of the field out of the race. Not happening with F3s though as their high downforce allows them to navigate through the kink at high speed on different lines.
I may give another go to the main straight line but I think I'll stop here. ;)

Here's a link to my custom AIW and GDB files.

@ClimaxF1, I'm fine with you adding it to your version of the track if the result suits you.

If anybody else wants to improve my file, he/she is welcome to do it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing