Macau Grand Prix

Tracks Macau Grand Prix v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Macau Grand Prix - Complete texture update for Macau Street Circuit

Hi Guys

Before I start I just want thank ronnie_82 for his version of Macau.

Track source: XTREMEFACTOR Stock Car Extreme

Update details:

Short and simple, every single texture has being reworked from top to bottom.

New random skies and atmosphere have being added with a new loading screen as well.

Here's an example of one of the textures that has being reworked.

Now imagine doing this for just under a thousand of them to complete this monster of a track....

Read more about this resource...

Thank you again for the great work! It is absolutely the very best track I've ever tried on AMS with refined details and good AI lines :thumbsup:

When I race at the maximum grid (of 34 cars), however, the car on the 32nd grid isn't put at the right place and is always unable to start the race. As the exact problem occurs on the WCP version as well, I figure this comes from the original track. :cry:

Thank you again for the great work! It is absolutely the very best track I've ever tried on AMS with refined details and good AI lines :thumbsup:

When I race at the maximum grid (of 34 cars), however, the car on the 32nd grid isn't put at the right place and is always unable to start the race. As the exact problem occurs on the WCP version as well, I figure this comes from the original track. :cry:
The WCP version is also taken from another track, update after update.

I haven't touched the AI and also don't have the knowledge to do so so I can only recommend to start with 30 cars.
We are busy with some other tracks and will ask if he can fix this which I'm sure he will be able too.

First off, as others have said, many thanks from myself for everything you contribute to the AMS community.

I’m a bit confused on the contents of this download. Your notes say “This is only a texture update.” Are we supposed to install this update over the top of ronnie_82’s GSC track? I downloaded that track from XTREMEFACTOR but it has a locations folder name of just “Macau” and this update from you has a locations folder name of “Macau_GP”. Am I misunderstanding the “This is only a texture update” statement?

First off, as others have said, many thanks from myself for everything you contribute to the AMS community.

I’m a bit confused on the contents of this download. Your notes say “This is only a texture update.” Are we supposed to install this update over the top of ronnie_82’s GSC track? I downloaded that track from XTREMEFACTOR but it has a locations folder name of just “Macau” and this update from you has a locations folder name of “Macau_GP”. Am I misunderstanding the “This is only a texture update” statement?
Hi there

Appreciate the feed back and the kind words.

This is a straight install, just copy and paste the track into your track locations folder.

There's no mention that you first have to download the original track.

This is a texture update as all the textures have being reworked.

Some of my mods you will see that should you have to download a mod first I would mention such that you must or have to have mod installed first.

From my side with all my uploads if there's no mention then it's a straight installation.

If you have to download a mod first I would normally call it a add-on or upgrade patch.

Short and simple for future reference:

• No mention then it's a straight installation
  • With mention then you would have to download that mod first

Thanks much for the clarification. Looking forward to the track! Well... in my mind at least. I'm just getting back behind the wheel after a month away due to some minor medical issues. I'm thinking Macau might be a bit much for my first track back. :)

Hi guys
Please hear me out. When I download the Macau track its shown as jpg files. How do I convert it to a png file?
THx!
You only supposed to install the Macau_GP track into your locations, the jpeg files in the main folder are just screenshots of the track which you don't need.

Hi @ClimaxF1,

Would you have any clue on how to edit the AIW for this track? I'm in a TCR@Macau mood right now and the current AIW state cannot give a proper race experience. I'm not referring to AI speed but more to broken AI line in a couple of spots:
  • garage exit for some stands for formula cars (like F3).
  • 1st corner for FF cars (they take it way too fast for what they can handle).
  • A couple of corners where tintops seems to tap on the inside wall (not sure about "formulas").
  • The hairpin where the line should be revised according to me (or steering lock angle increased for AI).
I see two options : a setup file for AI which would have an increased steering lock angle value (is that even possible in AMS?) and revising the AIW line.

How could I do that? Would be ready to spend some time on that and to share it (or not if forbidden).

Any hint or link would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi @ClimaxF1,

Would you have any clue on how to edit the AIW for this track? I'm in a TCR@Macau mood right now and the current AIW state cannot give a proper race experience. I'm not referring to AI speed but more to broken AI line in a couple of spots:
  • garage exit for some stands for formula cars (like F3).
  • 1 corner for FF cars (they take it way too fast for what they can handle).
  • A couple of corners where tintops seems to tap on the inside wall (not sure about "formulas").
  • The hairpin where the line should be revised according to me (or steering lock angle increased for AI).
I see two options : a setup file for AI which would have an increased steering lock angle value (is that even possible in AMS?) and revising the AIW line.

How could I do that? Would be ready to spend some time on that and to share it (or not if forbidden).

Any hint or link would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers.
Unfortunately I have no experience the AIW files.
Only person here I know who could assist is @Marc Collins

Just asking because WCP is usually pretty good with AIW. We want one integrated final product with the best graphics and best AI. If your graphics updates work with the WCP version (can you test?), then half of the equation is resolved. I will be willing to work on the AIW if it's the best base we are all working from. But it is such a complex track, not worth doing it for a sub-set.

Just asking because WCP is usually pretty good with AIW. We want one integrated final product with the best graphics and best AI. If your graphics updates work with the WCP version (can you test?), then half of the equation is resolved. I will be willing to work on the AIW if it's the best base we are all working from. But it is such a complex track, not worth doing it for a sub-set.
I don't actually know, never tried the WCP version and to be honest I'm not doing any updates on anything at the moment, just too many other things going on.

Hi guys,

I think both ClimaxF1's and WCP versions are exactly the same as far as the AIW file goes. I had downloaded both and I've compared the AIW's a couple of days ago with Notepad++.

I'm currently in the process of fixing it. Although I think I can't do anything for the garage/pit transitions. Half the F3 field tap on the pit lane wall exiting their garage spot, losing their front wing in the process (and ruining a race weekend). Would need to edit the track material to clip a yard of the pit wall (is there any other option?).

I did manage to fix some corners here and there though. Specially the hairpin which even F3 with 18 degrees steering lock can take in my version. Will post it there for you to test, once 100% ready. It takes quite a lot of time with AIW+CAM file editor (if any of you has any trick on how to edit an AIW file, he/she is welcome :) ).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back