Macau AI

Misc Macau AI 2017-07-16

Login or Register an account to download this content

F_B

Premium
Macau AI - New track limits, AI + hints for Macau (actrackreboot version)

New track limits, AI + hints for Macau (actrackreboot version).
Have fun!

Not all cars are able to get around the tight hairpin because of missing steering radius. Cars I tried and which work are the Tatuus, Formula RSS2 and GT3 cars. If you want slower cars to be a tad faster in the hairpin just open the ai_hints file in notepad and change the value for HINT_2 (named "hairpin") to something around 0.7-0.8. The current value 0.6 should work for the majority of cars but is the slower...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
The AI line is very fast and well done.
But after every race start in lap 1 the AI cars still crash after turn 2 on the long straight. I've tested with GT3 cars and Tatuus F4 car. (100% AI strength, 50% AI aggression, 100% car damage)
But there's a solution for the problem. Use danger hints for the whole track in the ai_hints.ini to tell the AI cars, that they're racing on a track with concrete walls and barriers. And there's no need for HINTS and BRAKEHINTS anymore. Only the HINT for the hairpin is usefull, to adjust the AI for faster F1 cars (VALUE=0.6 - 0.8). But slower cars like GT3 cars and the Tatuus F4 should work with VALUE=1.0

My new ai_hints.ini is for the first version of your new AI. Just test it.

[DANGER_0]
START=0.000
END=0.100
LEFT=0.3
RIGHT=0.3

[DANGER_1]
START=0.100
END=0.140
LEFT=0.3
RIGHT=2.5

[DANGER_2]
START=0.140
END=0.180
LEFT=1.7
RIGHT=0.3

[DANGER_3]
START=0.180
END=0.300
LEFT=0.6
RIGHT=0.3

[DANGER_4]
START=0.300
END=0.380
LEFT=0.3
RIGHT=1.2

[DANGER_5]
START=0.380
END=0.720
LEFT=0.3
RIGHT=0.3

[DANGER_6]
START=0.720
END=0.750
LEFT=0.3
RIGHT=1.2

[DANGER_7]
START=0.750
END=1.000
LEFT=0.3
RIGHT=0.3

;Hairpin
[HINT_0]
START=0.733
END=0.738
VALUE=1.0

Last edited:
Hi Frank25,

thanks for your comment and input.
I'll try your hints but I'm not quite sure if so many danger hints might slow the AI down too much. As far as I know the danger hints narrow the track limits thus resulting in slower AI on some parts of the track.

Without the danger hints there're too much accidents and crashes.
Your fast_lane.ai is very fast and well done. But it's not working for me with GT3 cars and the Tatuus F4, because of the permanent accidents in the first lap of a race. I don't think, that the AI is getting much slower and it will work much better for different types of cars.

I've had the same problems with my new Monaco AI and only danger hints for the complete track worked for me to avoid permanent crashes in the first lap of a race.

Hi, I've noticed that this is the same AI that comes with the last 1.0 reboot version. The danger hints suggested above helped a lot with some crashes with F4's at the beginning of lap 1, but there's still a small issue affecting standing starts:

When lights go green the AI aims for the right aggressively, causing most of the F4 grid to start very slow. The older Esotic made AI on RD doesn't have this issue, so, hopefully something could be done about it, but I'm afraid the reason for the current behavior has to do with performance. If one day you find the time, could you please take a look at this detail? Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back