Macau 06 dark sky (offline version)

T

Torque

• Torque

Hellow all, hope this is the right forum for this question. I got the box version of GTR Evolutoin and all has been great with my G25 Wheel and running Vista Home Premium 64 bit 6 gigs ram i7 core oc 3.84 on water and two GTX 280 in sli although GTR Evolution is not supported by sli its still runs it great. Just one map, the Macau 06 in some parts of the sky I get an dark flickering sky that really wrecks such a great looking track. Its so distracting. It such a bummer any body know a fix for this.

Are you running the offline version? Because i thought it was fixed with a patch for the steam version. :welcome: to RD btw!

• Torque

Thanks for the reply Bram, Yes it is the offline version but I do have a Steam account. I'll do some research on the steam forum. I also have rfactor,and Race07.

If you install the Steamversion it updates automatically. The offline patch has been promosed for ages and still not delivered

Thanks for the reply Bram, Yes it is the offline version but I do have a Steam account. I'll do some research on the steam forum. I also have rfactor,and Race07.

I presume you bought a DVD version of GTR Evo? If so, just choose to install the online version, that way you can race online and use mods offline - most mods that are out support the steam version. You will also then be kept up to date with all the patches and fixes :)

• Torque

Thanks for the information and yes it is a store bought DVD version. I added GTR Evolution to my steam account and it accepted my cd code number and says ready for download. Now I'am wondering if I should uninstall my version or leave it installed and download steam version and install?

Thanks for the information and yes it is a store bought DVD version. I added GTR Evolution to my steam account and it accepted my cd code number and says ready for download. Now I'am wondering if I should uninstall my version or leave it installed and download steam version and install?

You can have both installed if you want, but considering the online one does everything the offline does and more you may aswell just have that.

• Torque

Thanks Bram and James why not have both. If I see no need for the offline in the future I'll just unistall it. Just wondering if it will try to replace or conflict with the DVD version when I install it. Well will see. Oh screw it I'll just uninstall the offline first just to be safe. Havent tried the online world of racing with others. Thanks again all. Wait a second maybe unintalling would be a mistake. Iam a little confused, if didnt purchace it from steam but it accepted my code number from my offline version. I guess it will be ok to download? Says ready to download. Iam playing Race07 I purched from a store and no prolblem playing though Steam even though I did not purchace it from Steam.

• Torque

When you download a game from steam do you have to be online to play it through steam only? Or if your internet be down can you play it offline as well?

• Torque

Ok download Steam version and no more dark skys on Macau track. Thanks for all the help and I'll be seeing you all at races when I get a little more dialed in and practice.

Thanks Again

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing