RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, there is no messing about. I don't know why people have the impression it's so complicated, because it isn't. You set your pit preset before you ever hit the track, in the main menus. Takes about 30 seconds. Then in the race, you hit the button mapped to pitstop request, drive into the pits, the stop is performed as per your pre-defined settings without you needing to adjust or confirm anything whatsoever, and then you drive off. Very, very simple.

The one and only reason I suggested making sure you know how it works isn't because it's difficult. It's because so many people get to the warmup before the race and suddenly start asking how to make pit stops, then unsurprisingly bugger it up. All you have to do is take five minutes between now and Saturday evening to read our very simple R3E Pitstop Guide. Job done.

Sorry guys, I stupidly jumped the start and couldn't validate my DT so I'm out...
If anyone know how to go for a DT in this sim, I'd be very happy to know and feel less stupid next time.

Last edited:
Hi all @Noctam
Not sure if it helps, but I got 2 x DT (One for each of my normal pit stop).

When I tried to serve the 1st DT it re fueled and changed tiers. (Which was very kind, but a bit of a wast as they were only a lap old).

However I still had the drive through!! (which I thought was not so kind)

For the 2nd attempt I actually stopped before the pits and ensured the penalty section of the menu was green. This cleared the DT.

I got the second DT when I stopped for the 2nd scheduled pit stop, this time I applied the "make the penalty green" policy and it cleared fine.

Steve has just advised me to use second gear in the pit stops as there may be a bug which gives you a speeding in the pit penalty if you select 1st gear.

Anyway, I like the pits at this track, so I was happy to spend a lot of time in them.

Excellent fun as always and thanks for organizing.

Best wishes
Bob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years