RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope all cars are on pace with each other and the standard car setup works...
They're all capable of roughly the same pace, but each has it's own handling characteristics. They also deliver their power differently because some are turbo and others not. I would advise trying out each car to find the one that suits your own driving style.

As for setup, the default setups in R3E are generally pretty good. I rarely change anything at all other than fuel amount and they work fine.

Definitely struggled a bit more at this track. Initially things felt great, but as soon as my front left started to overheat I found it hard to turn at all. Massively reduced lap times for the second half of each race. Softening the springs helped a bit at least with the wear, but I was still overheating quite early on.

But to be honest, I can't really complain with two 4th place finishes, given the pace of the guys in front. :)

Race 1 chase Steve K, can't catch him, again.

Race 2 I made a most awesome pass on JJ Martin into the chicane only to miss the 5-4 downshift :x3:and then when I did find a gear it spun me sideways in front of JJ and Steve K in the middle of the chicane.:redface: Everybody made it through unscathed. :thumbsup: Had a hard fought battle with JJ for a couple laps:thumbsup:. Later it sounded like I scared JP when I was closing in fast coming to the chicane, but I let him stay in front for a few more corners;) There I was chasing Steve K and not being able to catch him, again.

Bit delayed because of the ongoing forum work, but here are the results:

Results2.png

P3.png

Welcome to the R3E Racing Club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here
Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The use of Crew Chief is mandatory in our Club racing, as it adds an audio spotter which helps avoid unnecessary incidents. We also highly recommend that you join us on Discord and engage with your fellow drivers!

Saturday 12/04/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: BMW M1 Procar
Track: Lausitzring - Grand Prix

Practice: 18:00 UTC (50 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:50 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:05 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start

Warmup 2: 19:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 19:30 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start / Reverse Grid - Top 10

BMW M1 Procar: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - #606
  2. ko41 - #588
  3. Dieter Bromvich - #213
  4. PurgerUK - #152
  5. PorDallas - #570
  6. Bob Laycock - #8
  7. Jean Jaques Martin - #88
  8. Claes Axelsson - #105
  9. Jopamir - #82
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot

UTP#7

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment M1 Procar Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up!

Details of the calendar are as follows:

03/04/21 - Round 1 / 2: Hockenheimring - Grand Prix​
10/04/21 - Round 3 / 4: Watkins Glen - Grand Prix Inner Loop​
17/04/21 - Round 5 / 6: Lausitzring - Grand Prix Course​
24/04/21 - Round 7: Nordschleife​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) These events are still open to everyone, regardless of ability or experience.​
2) Our regular club rules are in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
3) Crew Chief is mandatory, everyone must use it.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but it's just for fun.​
5) Drivers may choose which events to race in, as participation in the whole series is not mandatory.​
6) Each driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your car and number when you sign up.​

Standings

Standings2.png

Come on guys! I know it's not the most popular content in the sim, but it's a free event to draw in some new blood. A four car grid isn't very good for promotional purposes though... :(

Sorry I'll have to miss this.

Trying to get a business up and running so taking work whenever I can, might make it difficult to know if I can race until a hour before it's due to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%