RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for race two guys, the laps-instead-of-minutes bug has been reported twice, but clearly hasn't been fixed yet. :speechless: For the sake of points allocation, I'm going to check out the replay and take the order from lap 10.

Due to the number of drive-through's for exceeding the pit speed limit, I'm also wondering about the last round at Nords. It was going to involve a mandatory pit stop, but I think we'll bin that and advise everyone to do no stops at all. Fuel will be no problem though tyres will be suffering after 40 minutes. But it's either that or a another drive-through penalty fiasco.

Aaaanyway, issues aside, the racing itself was good fun. I had some nice battles in both races with @Dieter Bromvich and @Jean Jacques Martin, and briefly thought I might be able to hold @ko41 off for 20 minutes, though quickly buggered that up. :p Avoided a drive-through but screwed myself over by not confirming any fuel. Ah well, :poop: happens.

P2.png

Welcome to the R3E Racing Club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here
Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The use of Crew Chief is mandatory in our Club racing, as it adds an audio spotter which helps avoid unnecessary incidents. We also highly recommend that you join us on Discord and engage with your fellow drivers!

Saturday 10/04/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: BMW M1 Procar
Track: Watkins Glen - Grand Prix / Inner Loop

Practice: 18:00 UTC (50 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:50 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:05 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start

Warmup 2: 19:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 19:30 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start / Reverse Grid - Top 10

BMW M1 Procar: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - #606
  2. Bob Laycock - #8
  3. ko41 - #588
  4. Dieter Bromvich - #213
  5. Steve Le Gallez - #90
  6. PorDallas - #570
  7. Jean Jacques Martin - #??
  8. nsfast - #2
  9. Jopamir - #82
  10. PurgerUK - #152
  11. Blinding Tube - #81
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot

UTP#15

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment M1 Procar Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up!

Details of the calendar are as follows:

03/04/21 - Round 1 / 2: Hockenheimring - Grand Prix​
10/04/21 - Round 3 / 4: Watkins Glen - Grand Prix Inner Loop​
17/04/21 - Round 5 / 6: Lausitzring - Grand Prix Course​
24/04/21 - Round 7: Nordschleife​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) These events are still open to everyone, regardless of ability or experience.​
2) Our regular club rules are in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
3) Crew Chief is mandatory, everyone must use it.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but it's just for fun.​
5) Drivers may choose which events to race in, as participation in the whole series is not mandatory.​
6) Each driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your car and number when you sign up.​

Standings

Standings1.png

Last edited:
We weren't sure on tyres. Stuart had time to change to hard which wasn't the best in the end.
I changed the fronts (softs) in a pit stop but not the rears. The rears were at about 65% by the last few laps, and the difference in grip was definitely noticeable. Struggled to get the power down out of corners, and was losing traction under heavy braking. I'm thinking softs were probably still the best option for a single stint though.

Hi all

Lots of fun, (I like the mystery length races).

As a dedicated back marker I might take the punt next week and take enough fuel for a 20 laps race in the second race.

I did not get a drive through today for speeding, however as I entered the pits a menu popped up saying I was to receive 37 gal of fuel. (I thought, that should be enough). As I had no idea how to change it I just took the 37 gal.

I don’t even know if these cars can take 37 gal, but I was sitting in the pits with a gurgling sound for a long time.

If you think these cars are hard to stop normally, just try with 37 gal of fuel on board.

Thanks for organising I look forward to next week.

Best wishes
Bob

I changed the fronts (softs) in a pit stop but not the rears. The rears were at about 65% by the last few laps, and the difference in grip was definitely noticeable. Struggled to get the power down out of corners, and was losing traction under heavy braking. I'm thinking softs were probably still the best option for a single stint though.

Agreed, I think softs were best overall, although I had to be careful not to use them up early on. I could see everyone catching up quickly at the end.

As a dedicated back marker I might take the punt next week and take enough fuel for a 20 laps race in the second race.
I can assure you that race two next week will be 20 MINUTES. I've just been on the server and cycled the setting back and forth six times just to be sure it's bloody worked this time! :p

I don’t even know if these cars can take 37 gal...
Lol... in a word, no. They can carry about 25 gallons I think, and we'll only be needing about half a tank for the 40 minute Nords final round. :D

Some super racing again, really enjoyed that - right up to the point that I realised I would have to make a stop in race 2. I can't drive and use keypad at the same time, and went off several times trying to configure my stop. And then got it wrong anyway and had to make 2 stops plus a drive through before getting some fuel. Pitstops always screw me over..!

Thanks all, congrats to the winners.

Some super racing again, really enjoyed that - right up to the point that I realised I would have to make a stop in race 2. I can't drive and use keypad at the same time, and went off several times trying to configure my stop. And then got it wrong anyway and had to make 2 stops plus a drive through before getting some fuel. Pitstops always screw me over..!

Thanks all, congrats to the winners.

Sounds like my pitstops, at least this time I only lost 10 seconds or so and stayed on the track before I got the preset changed to fuel only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%