RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this car bloody hard to race to be honest. I am either feeling dead slow and when I push it a little more, I spin. Some goes for shifting up when not totally straight --> immediate spin if you don't lift the throttle
This will become something..especially on the Nords :roflmao:

Last edited:
Some goes for shifting up when not totally straight --> immediate spin if you don't lift the throttle
Yes, which falls into what I said above... getting out of the habit of driving this car like a modern GT3. Even if you're not using a physical h-box, you still need to treat the car like it has one. In other words, you can't just slam your way through the gears with your foot flat to the floor. Or back down again with your foot planted on the brake. This is 1979 tech... a time when drivers were still drivers. ;)

...Even if you're not using a physical h-box, you still need to treat the car like it has one. In other words, you can't just slam your way through the gears with your foot flat to the floor. Or back down again with your foot planted on the brake...

This...makes a lot of sense actually. I don't use an h-shifter, but hadn't stopped to consider I'd still need to lift as if I was.

Will try this combo for another session this evening.

#82 please

Im kind of a bemmer fanboy (I own one RL) but man, this car is driving(?!)* me nuts. I really have the feeling they were friendlier to tame some time ago... at least the last time I remember taking it for a spin(?!)*, but hey, its just a feeling...
Anyway, put me in (and hopefully stay -in- the track*)

* puns intended :cautious:

I think the Procar actually handles pretty well for an oldie, it's just that it has no brakes. :p You have to hit the pedal at least 50m earlier than you're used to in order to have any hope of getting it stopped in time. Great fun once you get the hang of it, I'm even enjoying Lausitzring in this car which is a first! And on Watkins Glen it's an absolute joy. :inlove:

I barely know what I'm doing with setups, but the attached seems to be working ok for me so far. Just thought I'd post it in case it helps anyone else get started, as this is quite a challenging car.

Just remember that getting the brakes and tyres up to temperature is even more important that usual in this one, as you literally can't stop if they're not! So expect to do at least 2-3 slow laps when you leave the pits before trying to push.
good set up merci

Apologies, but due to personal circs, I will now only be able to make the two middle weeks I am afraid.

Oops, had a few beers in the sun this afternoon. If I understand UTC correctly, I may be ok for Qly in a few hours. Otherwise, I'll have to go all in and be on a Punk Rock marathon for the evening. Bloody Saturday evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%