RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't 10min be enough for a Qualifying lap in a private session with flying start? At least in the scheduled server this is working
Yes, if you're ready to rock and roll the moment qualy starts, and are good enough with the combo to get to the end before the session ends. (Remember you don't get to finish your lap once time runs out.) That's how it will be if I can't find out how session importing works.

Yes, if you're ready to rock and roll the moment qualy starts, and are good enough with the combo to get to the end before the session ends. (Remember you don't get to finish your lap once time runs out.) That's how it will be if I can't find out how session importing works.
OK, I think it shouldn't be a problem to move that thing around the ring in 10 minutes, I guess it should make a lap in around 8 minutes, maybe 8:30 (didn't test yet), so you have 2 spare minutes. But of course, everyone who goes off track would have no lap - no idea how the game would calculate the places for these. I don't see this as a problem.

On another note, you can count me in. Was seeing the doctor today and the healing of my leg goes very good. Have another appointment on Wednesday, but it shouldn't be a problem. At the worst I'll do some right foot heal and toe breaking :p

OK, I think it shouldn't be a problem to move that thing around the ring in 10 minutes, I guess it should make a lap in around 8 minutes, maybe 8:30 (didn't test yet), so you have 2 spare minutes.
No offence, but we have drivers of all skill levels in our club so I don't just cater for the top guys. Nords is a very long and challenging track so there is no guarantee that everyone will be able to get a lap in within the 10 minutes. This is especially true given how easy it is to make a major mistake on the narrow road and high curbs.

So if I can confirm how the import feature works then that's what I'll use, because that way everyone get's a known position on the grid which roughly reflects their usual pace. Also, it will serve as a good trial for future use of the feature, which I have some ideas for.

I think the Procar actually handles pretty well for an oldie, it's just that it has no brakes. :p You have to hit the pedal at least 50m earlier than you're used to in order to have any hope of getting it stopped in time. Great fun once you get the hang of it, I'm even enjoying Lausitzring in this car which is a first! And on Watkins Glen it's an absolute joy. :inlove:

I barely know what I'm doing with setups, but the attached seems to be working ok for me so far. Just thought I'd post it in case it helps anyone else get started, as this is quite a challenging car.

Just remember that getting the brakes and tyres up to temperature is even more important that usual in this one, as you literally can't stop if they're not! So expect to do at least 2-3 slow laps when you leave the pits before trying to push.

Attachments

• bmw_m1_procar_hockenheimring.svm
    7 KB · Views: 40
The thread says "practice 1800 UTC" but the calendar says 1830 UTC :O_o:
The race server comes online at 18:00 UTC, so that's what I put in the OP. The "official" 20 minute practice session, when people should aim to be getting online, starts at 18:30 UTC. That difference can be indicated here but not on the calendar, so I put the later time on the calendar.

Makes no difference anyway, the qualy and race sessions all start at the same times regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%