EU M1 Procar Series | Round 1 / 2 @ Hockenheimring - Sat 03 Apr 2021

Oops, had a few beers in the sun this afternoon. If I understand UTC correctly, I may be ok for Qly in a few hours. Otherwise, I'll have to go all in and be on a Punk Rock marathon for the evening. Bloody Saturday evenings.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Apologies, but due to personal circs, I will now only be able to make the two middle weeks I am afraid.
No problem at all Gary. :) In these club series there is no requirement to be present for every race.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Apologies for race two guys, the laps-instead-of-minutes bug has been reported twice, but clearly hasn't been fixed yet. :speechless: For the sake of points allocation, I'm going to check out the replay and take the order from lap 10.

Due to the number of drive-through's for exceeding the pit speed limit, I'm also wondering about the last round at Nords. It was going to involve a mandatory pit stop, but I think we'll bin that and advise everyone to do no stops at all. Fuel will be no problem though tyres will be suffering after 40 minutes. But it's either that or a another drive-through penalty fiasco.

Aaaanyway, issues aside, the racing itself was good fun. I had some nice battles in both races with @Dieter Bromvich and @Jean Jacques Martin, and briefly thought I might be able to hold @ko41 off for 20 minutes, though quickly buggered that up. :p Avoided a drive-through but screwed myself over by not confirming any fuel. Ah well, :poop: happens.

nsfast

Premium
We noticed with a few seconds left and loaded up on fuel. ;)

We weren't sure on tyres. Stuart had time to change to hard which wasn't the best in the end.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
We weren't sure on tyres. Stuart had time to change to hard which wasn't the best in the end.
I changed the fronts (softs) in a pit stop but not the rears. The rears were at about 65% by the last few laps, and the difference in grip was definitely noticeable. Struggled to get the power down out of corners, and was losing traction under heavy braking. I'm thinking softs were probably still the best option for a single stint though.

Bob Laycock

Premium
Hi all

Lots of fun, (I like the mystery length races).

As a dedicated back marker I might take the punt next week and take enough fuel for a 20 laps race in the second race.

I did not get a drive through today for speeding, however as I entered the pits a menu popped up saying I was to receive 37 gal of fuel. (I thought, that should be enough). As I had no idea how to change it I just took the 37 gal.

I don’t even know if these cars can take 37 gal, but I was sitting in the pits with a gurgling sound for a long time.

If you think these cars are hard to stop normally, just try with 37 gal of fuel on board.

Thanks for organising I look forward to next week.

Best wishes
Bob

nsfast

Premium
I changed the fronts (softs) in a pit stop but not the rears. The rears were at about 65% by the last few laps, and the difference in grip was definitely noticeable. Struggled to get the power down out of corners, and was losing traction under heavy braking. I'm thinking softs were probably still the best option for a single stint though.

Agreed, I think softs were best overall, although I had to be careful not to use them up early on. I could see everyone catching up quickly at the end.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
As a dedicated back marker I might take the punt next week and take enough fuel for a 20 laps race in the second race.
I can assure you that race two next week will be 20 MINUTES. I've just been on the server and cycled the setting back and forth six times just to be sure it's bloody worked this time! :p

I don’t even know if these cars can take 37 gal...
Lol... in a word, no. They can carry about 25 gallons I think, and we'll only be needing about half a tank for the 40 minute Nords final round. :D

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Here's the results then:

Results1.png

Dieter Bromvich

Premium
Some super racing again, really enjoyed that - right up to the point that I realised I would have to make a stop in race 2. I can't drive and use keypad at the same time, and went off several times trying to configure my stop. And then got it wrong anyway and had to make 2 stops plus a drive through before getting some fuel. Pitstops always screw me over..!

Thanks all, congrats to the winners.

ko41

Premium
Minnesota, USA
Some super racing again, really enjoyed that - right up to the point that I realised I would have to make a stop in race 2. I can't drive and use keypad at the same time, and went off several times trying to configure my stop. And then got it wrong anyway and had to make 2 stops plus a drive through before getting some fuel. Pitstops always screw me over..!

Thanks all, congrats to the winners.

Sounds like my pitstops, at least this time I only lost 10 seconds or so and stayed on the track before I got the preset changed to fuel only.