Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
A night of two half’s for me. Really pleased with my Q time (set on fairly cold tyres which helps I think here...) got a good start finally and just controlled my pace so I didn’t crash.
Then in Q2 I snapped something in my brake pedal! I need to take them apart to see what gave way...
Anyone had a similar thing happen with some fanatec CS v2s?
Bummer as if I can’t fix it I’ll have to “upgrade” to some v3s or even try and get some sprint pedals from Heusinkveld.

I can't get on tonight. I use power line adapters for internet and the bloody things keep going into standby mode, effectively cutting me off every 15 minutes. My rig has no wireless so... yeah. :mad: The server is up and ready to roll though, so the event is still going ahead.
Unlucky, I have a pair of net gear AV500 powerline adapters that I’ve had for a few years now, only lose their sync every 6 months or so and a quick power off/ on usually fixes that.

C3B868BF-9448-458D-B4F3-6199ED2133B2.jpeg

Ordered a load cell from fanatec, less than 20GBP but 18GBP shipping! Extortion
Probably a long wait too, haven’t been impressed with their customer service before when I fried the USB controller, they sent me a new one (paid for) and it didn’t even have the pads on it to solder the connectors. Long story short, they didn’t believe me and wanted to charge me again for a new one! I got it free of charge in the end but it took months.

Edit: cancelled order with Fanatec and got one on EBay for £14 all in, should be here Friday!

Last edited:
Ordered a load cell from fanatec, less than 20GBP but 18GBP shipping! Extortion
Probably a long wait too, haven’t been impressed with their customer service before when I fried the USB controller, they sent me a new one (paid for) and it didn’t even have the pads on it to solder the connectors. Long story short, they didn’t believe me and wanted to charge me again for a new one! I got it free of charge in the end but it took months.

Edit: cancelled order with Fanatec and got one on EBay for £14 all in, should be here Friday!
I've never had the misfortune of having to deal with them but have heard many stories.
14 quid all in, winner :thumbsup:

Next race in AMS2 could be like this mix:
sounds really good...

I would love to participate, but which is world's best racetrack?

EDIT: I don't think it's a good idea to join an Australian server as a european, probably shouldn't participate.

Last edited:
Unlucky, I have a pair of net gear AV500 powerline adapters that I’ve had for a few years now, only lose their sync every 6 months or so and a quick power off/ on usually fixes that.
Mine are TP-Link AV600s. I have to cycle the power numerous times every day. Sometimes they cut out again within a couple of minutes, other times they'll go for hours. They even cut out while streaming video (inbound) so it's not even lack of activity which causes it. Strangely they have never let me down during even a long online race (touch wood), but last night I had to take off my HMD and get up out of my race seat three times just while setting up the server.

Trouble is I hadn't really used them before moving into where I am now, so I don't know if it's the adapters or poor quality wiring. Buying new ones might be a waste of time, and of money I don't have to spare.

(They literally cut off again while typing this short message...) :mad:

Mine are TP-Link AV600s. I have to cycle the power numerous times every day. Sometimes they cut out again within a couple of minutes, other times they'll go for hours. They even cut out while streaming video (inbound) so it's not even lack of activity which causes it. Strangely they have never let me down during even a long online race (touch wood), but last night I had to take off my HMD and get up out of my race seat three times just while setting up the server.

Trouble is I hadn't really used them before moving into where I am now, so I don't know if it's the adapters or poor quality wiring. Buying new ones might be a waste of time, and of money I don't have to spare.

(They literally cut off again while typing this short message...) :mad:
I read somewhere that you could try pinging your router with the cmd and appending -t so it pings every second. Some people have found that it helps by keeping outbound traffic constant.
Could try updating firmware (if that’s possible), I think there is some software that manages the adapters (don’t recall what sorry).
Failing that what state is the electrical wiring and topology (ie are you using any surge protectors etc? Fuse boxes to traverse...)
Edit, having said that my wiring is 1980s and I go through an old school fuse box

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing