• 27000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

AU M1 Procar @ Bathurst - Sun 18th October 2020

Damien van de Velde

AU Racing Club Staff
Staff member
Premium
May 17, 2011
M1 Procar AMS2.PNG

It's time to pop the Aussie Club's AMS2 cherry! Just like any first time, it may be awkward and not quite perfect but we will talk about it for years.

It's Bathurst Day here in Oz, so how better to start our AMS2 run with a classic combo at the worlds second best racetrack. These cars are fast and massively addictive. Bumper rubbing at it's best!

Get on it!!

Welcome to the Aussie RD racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag a mate to get on board!

Join us as a Premium Member
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well and become a premium member.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
>> Updated Incident Reporting Method <<
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM AU #1
Cars: M1 Procar
Track: Brilliant Bathurst
Date: Sunday 18th October 2020

Please remember that the time zone is AEDT - Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

GMT + 11 hrs

Practice: 20:00 AEDT (09:00 GMT) - 30 minutes
Qualifying: 20:30 AEDT (09:30 GMT) -15 minutes
Warmup 1: 20:45 AEDT (09:45 GMT) - 5 minutes
Race 1: 20:50 AEDT (09:50 GMT) - 25 minutes
Race 2: 21:15 AEDT (10:15 GMT) - 25 minutes

The server will be running visual damage only
  1. Tony Binelli
  2. Simon Pierotti (Doubtful - Soccer Injury)
  3. Damien van de Velde
  4. Stephen Gibb
  5. millen
  6. Nooget
  7. PurgerUK
  8. Jason Chamberlain
  9. Redvaliant
  10. beorn2
  11. zAmboni
  12. Knut Mattheisen
  13. Kevin Harris
  14. goffred
  15. SteveZero
  16. Free Slot
  17. Free Slot
  18. Free Slot
  19. Free Slot
  20. Free Slot

Last edited:
Reactions: Goffik

Nooget

Send it
Premium
Jun 28, 2018
I would love to participate, but which is world's best racetrack?

EDIT: I don't think it's a good idea to join an Australian server as a european, probably shouldn't participate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damien van de Velde

Damien van de Velde

AU Racing Club Staff
Staff member
Premium
May 17, 2011
I would love to participate, but which is world's best racetrack?

EDIT: I don't think it's a good idea to join an Australian server as a european, probably shouldn't participate.
Feel free to join us!! We don't bite :roflmao: Plenty of Euro guys come and race with us...
The worlds best track is another Australian icon, Adelaide!! :whistling:

• Haha
Reactions: Tony

Redvaliant

500RPM
Premium
May 12, 2010
The Great Race weekend! And a great car /track combo! And a Sunday morning after a night of some beers! I'll join.

Reactions: Tony

Tony

APIA RACING
Staff member
Premium
May 26, 2014
great to see some new faces, would really like everyone to at least be listening on the discord channel as this is the first time with AMS2 and there may be a few glitches:) especially seeing as there are no real admin commands for the dedicated server as yet.
Look forward to some fun on the track!

Nooget

Send it
Premium
Jun 28, 2018
Anyone with experience for this track and car combo in ams2 wanna share a hotlap? Wanna see how much time I am leaving on the table while I was trying it yesterday. Definitely a blast to drive this machine and AMS2 is a very pretty game especially when the sun goes down..

zAmboni

Moving bollard
Premium
Jun 12, 2013
This is going to be another pencil me in one, and hope I can get up in time for the race. At least this time I know it is starting 2am my time :)

Anyone with experience for this track and car combo in ams2 wanna share a hotlap? Wanna see how much time I am leaving on the table while I was trying it yesterday. Definitely a blast to drive this machine and AMS2 is a very pretty game especially when the sun goes down..
I finally fired it up last night and I seemed a bit slow, but again these are not GT3 cars with added downforce to get you through on the twisty parts. Not sure if there is a way to share a hotlap, but you can go into time trial mode and load up ghosts of the top people and also get their setups.

One guy in the AMS hotfix thread said to decrease the clutches to 2, increase toe out a bit, and do decrease front ARB some to help with the understeer.

One thing I found that helped a bit was to increase the steering range, this helps with faster turn in, but be careful about having the back end wash out on you.

I would say that the time trial WR for the car and track is out of the reach for most of us. I was like 7-8s off that pace.