LUT Generator for AC

Apps LUT Generator for AC 0.15

Login or Register an account to download this content
What do you mean by angle? Sorry i really am a noob :D
Well the values in the LUT are looking like that: for example
0 | 0
0.01 | 0.03
X | Y

The left value is how much force feedback Assetto Corsa sends out and the LUT comes between this output and your wheel.
The left value "transforms" to the right value and THAT is what your wheel gets.
So 0.5 | 0.7 takes the 50% force from Assetto Corsa and gives your wheel 70% force instead.

What is meant by "angle":
imagine an endless track and you are driving in a straight line. You will have "zero force".
When you turn in, the more you turn, the higher the resistance from the wheel gets.
So it's easier to imagine the "AC force output" and the "lut transformed output" as turning angles of the wheel. You turn in 30% but get the force as if you were turning the wheel for 40% for example.

Hope it's a bit clearer now. :)
It's not easy to understand and even more difficult to explain just with typed words :(

If you want to know more about Assetto Corsa and Force Feedback you can take a look to my G27 guide. I explained nearly everything but I DON'T want to advertise my guide here, please don't get it wrong. :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/

Well the values in the LUT are looking like that: for example
0 | 0
0.01 | 0.03
X | Y

The left value is how much force feedback Assetto Corsa sends out and the LUT comes between this output and your wheel.
The left value "transforms" to the right value and THAT is what your wheel gets.
So 0.5 | 0.7 takes the 50% force from Assetto Corsa and gives your wheel 70% force instead.

What is meant by "angle":
imagine an endless track and you are driving in a straight line. You will have "zero force".
When you turn in, the more you turn, the higher the resistance from the wheel gets.
So it's easier to imagine the "AC force output" and the "lut transformed output" as turning angles of the wheel. You turn in 30% but get the force as if you were turning the wheel for 40% for example.

Hope it's a bit clearer now. :)
It's not easy to understand and even more difficult to explain just with typed words :(

If you want to know more about Assetto Corsa and Force Feedback you can take a look to my G27 guide. I explained nearly everything but I DON'T want to advertise my guide here, please don't get it wrong. :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/
Well thats a lot to take in, but THANKS a lot. I will read through that multiple times. So to get rid of the really loud clunking and vibrating and oscillating i think its called, i reduce the y value?

Well thats a lot to take in, but THANKS a lot. I will read through that multiple times. So to get rid of the really loud clunking and vibrating and oscillating i think its called, i reduce the y value?
Yep.
The X values are only the steps you want to modify with the y values. I personally use 100 steps (but thousanth for y value) because it's a lot easier to look at!
So:
0.00|0.000
0.01|0.012
0.02|0.018
etc.
When I searched the G29 seems to have about 15% "deadzone" so 0.00-0.15 is the range where you wheel COULD oscillate I think. If this range is reduced to default (0.05|0.05 etc) you won't have force at all when going straight.

Too long didn't read:
try to reduce the first 3-10 values. Here are my "soft ones" for the G27
0|0.050
0.01|0.117
0.02|0.156
0.03|0.187
0.04|0.211
0.05|0.234

Yep.
The X values are only the steps you want to modify with the y values. I personally use 100 steps (but thousanth for y value) because it's a lot easier to look at!
So:
0.00|0.000
0.01|0.012
0.02|0.018
etc.
When I searched the G29 seems to have about 15% "deadzone" so 0.00-0.15 is the range where you wheel COULD oscillate I think. If this range is reduced to default (0.05|0.05 etc) you won't have force at all when going straight.

Too long didn't read:
try to reduce the first 3-10 values. Here are my "soft ones" for the G27
0|0.050
0.01|0.117
0.02|0.156
0.03|0.187
0.04|0.211
0.05|0.234
Ive applied ur g27 soft settings but the clunking noise is still ridiculous. It vibrates so much it even loosens the clamp on the wheel to the table!

Ive applied ur g27 soft settings but the clunking noise is still ridiculous. It vibrates so much it even loosens the clamp on the wheel to the table!
Can you please tell us your ingame settings.
Maybe there is something wrong. Minimum force should be 0% when using a lut. Also turn down the effects slider! They only rattle the hell out of my g27. Also: what is your overall gain? And what are your settings in the Profiler? :)

Maybe there is something wrong. Minimum force should be 0% when using a lut. Also turn down the effects slider! They only rattle the hell out of my g27. Also: what is your overall gain? And what are your settings in the Profiler? :)
Gain: 101%
Filter:0%
Minimum Force:0%
Kerb Effects:6%
Road Effects:14%
Slip Effects:8%
900 degrees
0% centering spring strength
I really appreciate the help btw :)

Gain: 101%
Filter:0%
Minimum Force:0%
Kerb Effects:6%
Road Effects:14%
Slip Effects:8%
900 degrees
0% centering spring strength
I really appreciate the help btw :)
Kerb, Road and Slip Effects are just a "vibration". Well kind of...
Vibration + G25/G27/G29 = nightmare. Try to turn them all down. Yes, you "lose feeling" BUT you have to remember that these Effects are NOT the game physics! Even when you turn them to 0% you will still feel the actual 3D Kerbs, bumpy roads and when your car is sliding.
Just put them all to 0% and try if the rattling is still there. :)

The FFB is just very jumpy and isnt smooth at all. The wheel just jolts around

Kerb, Road and Slip Effects are just a "vibration". Well kind of...
Vibration + G25/G27/G29 = nightmare. Try to turn them all down. Yes, you "lose feeling" BUT you have to remember that these Effects are NOT the game physics! Even when you turn them to 0% you will still feel the actual 3D Kerbs, bumpy roads and when your car is sliding.
Just put them all to 0% and try if the rattling is still there. :)
Ive just done that and the rattling is gone. But the FFB is just very jumpy and the wheel jolts around. Not smooth at all

Hey there. One simple question. It's said that after having the LUT generated you should not change the FFB in the profiler. Does that mean that you can't change it in game either? Would an app like the anticlipping tool, that adjusts the FFB for every car so that the steer doesn't clip, make the lut generated useless? Thanks

Exactly!
If you change something globally (Profiler), wheel check would get different results and would create a different lut.
So with a lut you should have profiler on 100% and ingame Gain too on 100%. The lut is meant to work with that!

You can tweak cars to your liking but beware that Kunos balanced every car to match its real counterpart so changing it will not be "realistic" and values above 100 may generate clipping.
But sometimes you shouldn't care about how things are meant to be so I have car specific ffb between 75-115%:roflmao:

When you change your profiler gain you just need to rerun WheelCheck and generate a new LUT.
That's of course correct. But the lut would only change values so that the Profiler change would be neutralized.
So in the end: put it on 100% to "have it clean"

Should I change the ffb effects after applying the lut, im asking because now the ffb is more detail than before and with the road effects I get some vibrations. I have a csw 2.5 and using kerb 10 road 30 and slip 10. Thanks and great job.

is LUT Generator only intended for CONSUMER grade wheels like T300, T500, G27, G29, CSW v1, CSW v2 and etc. ? or can LUT Generator be used for OSW, AF v1/ v2 or LB SS1/ SS2 users?
Why not just try it? :)
Your test will be straight as an arrow I think. If not you know you need to adjust some settings with your wheel!
But yes, it's not really intended for such high end wheels, simply because they don't lack in anything :)

Can someone please give me a realistic setting for my g27?
Last time i tried to use wheel check and lut generator there were little to no details and the FFB was so light i thought my wheel was unplugged. I am trying to get the most realistic settings for my g27 and am seeing so many posts with different global settings in profiler, in game settings, and LUT. I just want to enjoy my wheel and some clean laps in AC. PLEASE HELP

Something is either wrong with my wheel or this wheelcheck program, as soon as i click to begin the test wheel goes to the left and starts testing from there, once in game wheel stays off center, if i disable the addon it goes back to normal and centers fine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back