Misc LS Cockpit Camera Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Large Style submitted a new resource:

LS Cockpit Camera Mod - More accurate and realistic cockpit camera placements

"LS Cockpit Camera Mod" replaces F1 2014's cockpit camera locations / placements in order to get a more accurate, realistic, and entertaining view compared to the default cameras.

I have made these camera changes based on real life images and estimated dimensions orientated specifically to each cars nose & body height and shape, also using wing mirror variances, tyre / wheel and steering wheel placements, along with a relatively good dose of common sense.

I have also "livened up" the cameras...

Read more about this resource...

is it possible to make just a lower cockpit view
in your next update please?
Great effort:thumbsup:
Thanks Marsala.

Yes it's easily possible to just lower the cockpit view, but it would probably then need the looking angle raising to compensate for the height adjustment. Every single (teams) car is different so they'll all need new coordinates and settings to be manually adjusted, which is more a problem of time to actually do. It would also effectively be a new mod, so I'll see how things go with this mod first..... :)

Thanks Marsala.

Yes it's easily possible to just lower the cockpit view, but it would probably then need the looking angle raising to compensate for the height adjustment. Every single (teams) car is different so they'll all need new coordinates and settings to be manually adjusted, which is more a problem of time to actually do. It would also effectively be a new mod, so I'll see how things go with this mod first..... :)
@ MARSALA: Job done:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ls-lower-cockpit-cams.3711/

Hope it's what you wanted.

First of all, thank you @Large Style for you effort. May I ask for one more version please?
I really like the camera positions from this version - little lower, closer. Would you please create version with update fov and original head movements?
Many thanks.

Hi Michal. So you want LS Cockpit Camera Mod with original head movement? Ok, sounds like a good option to make. I'm busy with making specific 21:9 aspect ratio versions of my 2 mods (just bought a 21:9 display) which'll take a day to complete. Once that's done I'll work on your suggestion.

To anyone interested, I'm planning on releasing v1.2 of this mod in the next few days whch will include:

- "LS Lower Cockpit Cams" mod will be incorporated into this mod.
- Will support all combinations of Original and Modded head / camera positions with Original and Modded head / camera movements.
- 21:9 specific cameras using optimised FOV with compensatory position adjustments (also probably good for triple-screen gaming).

I just wanted to let anyone that may be patiently waiting for my v1.2 update that it shall probably be released Thursday, or Friday at the absolute latest. I'm currently swamped in xml files and the v1.2 update will have an absolute butt-load of options. So far, the structure is a follows...

Initial breakdown is between Wide and Ultra-Wide versions - the Wide consisting of 3 main settings (original but lowered cameras, my v1.0 mod cams, and the third being 50% between the two). Each of these have further options to include or exclude original or modded Head Physics and original or modded environment effects (track bumpiness and wind). Then there will be "bonus" FOV settings which are closer therefore more crazy & fun than before, again with optional effects. Finally the Ultra-wide options will simply have FOV and camera position tweaks to allow for an almost identical view as the wide versions but with significantly improved peripheral zones.

I'll provide proper instructions, animated GIFs and a video once it's all done. So best get back to it.....

Large Style updated LS Cockpit Camera Mod with a new update entry:

LS Cockpit Camera Mod v1.2 Update

This is a massive update of the mod, so much so that I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow (Saturday 25/10/14) to make a proper description. Until then this'll have to do...

I've broken down camera types into 4 positions, which are then broken down in many branching options. Basically, although you can obviously try out any camera file you wish, Positions 1, 2, and 3 are generally made for 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio displays, however Position 3 and especially Position 4 work well with 21:9...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years