F1 2011 low top speed in barcelona

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I posted this on CM's official forums, but the support section for the game is seemingly non-existant, so I'm going to post it here in the hope for some help.

I've been struggling setting competitive lap times since playing the game for the first time in ages, and I've been at a loss as to why. after looking at the speed, I have noticed it is considerably lower than it should be. no matter what wing/gear settings I use, I can't get any faster than about 165mph by the end of the main straight. it's that slow, I'm not even hitting the rev limiter in 6th. driving a sauber, the last thing I should expect is for virgin's & HRT's to just glide past effortlessly.

after doing some checking using the logitech profiler, it seems like the game is only registering 80% of the accelerator & brake inputs. I did a reboot and it temporarily fixed it, but as soon as I start another session, it's back to only using 80%

is there something in the game that is causing this, or is it a wheel issue?

This happened to me to too with my old Logitech DFGT.

It was so obvious that something was wrong when I left the pits, it didn't want to fully accelerate. On a long straight people were just flying by me, leaving me in their dust.

If I remember correctly. I just went to the mapping for the throttle and brake and cleared them, then saved the game (or auto-saved). I closed the game and re-started it, and re-mapped the accelerator and brake back to the correct pedals. Once the new setup was saved, I don't think it happened again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back