F1 2013 Low speed rear grip

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi All

Unfortunately i do no have a huge amount of time to play this each week, i like it very much but am frustrated by the lack of low speed rear grip. Even when softening the whole cars grip and deadening the wheels acceleration i still spin like a ballerina out of low speed corners until around 150kph. I only play offline so if anyone has a cheat or a mod to tighten up the rear grip i would be very happy. I dont have the time or skill like some guys to control the rear grip so need an easy fix to make this game enjoyable!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

F1A

Hi Karl, i already have tc cranked up all the way.

:confused:
sorry, I haven't got a copy of this game yet so i'm not sure of the handling yet.
So TCS is on and the back end still gets away from you? Setup things i would look at would be Rear ARB (soften them), and Rear Springs (soften them). Also, try to keep the rear camber set towards the middle for better traction out of corners.

Are you playing with a controller or a wheel and pedals? With a controller it can be more difficult to control the throttle. I can't driver with a controller at all, but some of the guys in my league do quite well with it. If you are using a controller there should be a setting to change the throttle sensitivity, if that doesn't help you could switch the throttle from the trigger on the controller to one of the sticks, maybe you could control it better from there...

Hope this helps

Using a button on the wheel as the throttle will definitely be the reason for your tyres spinning. IT's basically an on/off switch, either fully on or fully off. Full power or no power. Without a way to regulate the throttle i'm afraid you're always gonna get wheel spin.

I've been looking at this too over the weekend as I was having problems with the traction at the start but most especially in the wet. I am using a wheel and pedals and find that the range of the throttle is very small ie slightest touch of the pedal sends the revs high with very little chance to hold them at a lower level. I tried adjusting the throttle saturation but as far as I understand it the closer to zero you have it the less sensitive the throttle is supposed to be and the default was already at 1. Going to try a few more things tonight. I am not finding it so much of an issue at any time other than at the starts though.

i have turned car settings upside down tried everything and havent found any setups to stop this from occurring, tweaking wheel settings havent helped either. My only hope of satisfaction is if someone can find a way to up the tc settings in a database or increase the rear grip levels in a database file, any ideas how?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 135 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.8%