Low ping / lag

Hello,
Preparing everything to go online racing. Last days i did some online races but when the race started i had much too much lag. I saw I had a low ping (between 20 and 30). I checked my connection (speedtest) and that was oke. 123 Mbit download en 12,20 Mbit upload.

PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)i5 CPU 750@ 2.67 GHZ
RAM: 4,00GB

I did some Race 07 in the past with this PC and then everything worked fine.

Someone got an idea?

Many thx in advance and hope to see you online!
Tom

You may suffer from a little bit of packet loss. Assetto Corsa seems to be ultra sensitive to packet loss, so you could have a ping of 1, and still jump about if you're connection has some packet loss.

Gijs:
24 cars online
track mugello
The rest I will check. When i saw 1 or 2 cars i could race. When i saw over 5 or 6 cars the lag started. Online settings I will check

I also gonna check packet loss

Thx!

Are we talking about "lag" (aka: Network data is lost on the way from/to you) and cars are warping all over the place or are we talking about graphical stuttering / low FPS?

For the latter, it has nothing to do with your network connection.

Java could only be a coincidence, don't know how that would affect AC at all.

Cars were warping all over the place. Java was out of date (as I mentioned) but also something which sends data to my router was broken. This could only effect my television but maybe also my connection. So in fact two things where broken.

But, everything is oke now. Better look in your review mirror...stan is closing in! ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%