Low lag 40"-46" TV or monitor

Hi

I know this has been discussed before, but with new TVs and monitors coming out all the time I thought it was worth starting a bang-up-to-date thread.

As with many similarly naive folks before me, I was not aware of the issue of screen lag or input lag before spunking my wad on a big telly (a 42" LG 42LD490). I've always suspected it has quite bad lag, and today I have (finally) got round to proving it, with the old stopwatch-on-2-screens technique.

The upshot is, compared with a CRT monitor my TV lags by an atrocious 70-80ms.

Too late to take it back for a refund (I've owned it some months now), so tempted to sell it and buy something with a better response.

My questions are:

- What is the best lag I should expect compared with a CRT? 10-20ms?

- Anybody recently bought, or know about, a screen, whether TV or monitor, between 40-46", below, say, £600, that has a really impressively low lag, that they would recommend?

(As it happens, the bad screen lag kind of forces me to be very smooth with the wheel, which in many ways is no bad thing, but the whole thing is still unsatisfactory. For table tennis on the Wii it's far beyond a joke.)

BTW - spoke with a guy in PC World/Currys about the issue and, surprise surprise, he didn't have a f**king clue what I was talking about!

Any help appreciated!

Rich

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%