F1 2011 Low FPS out of no where

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
So yeah this has been a problemf or quite some time now, I'm no computer hardware expert or anything like that, far from it, but I have noticed that when I'm playing more modern games e.g F1 2011, black ops, the game runs great first of all, like about max fps, then after a while, it just drops to 30-40, and stutters, I don't know what causes this, but i have noticed on computer start up I get a CPU FAN Error! message on a DOS screen it looks like.

What can I configure in the bios to sort this, here's my hardware info

4GB ddr3 ram
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 2.80Ghz
ATI raedon 5750 HD
asus m4a78lt-m le motherboard

and then after a while of low fps it goes back to normal and runs very smoothly, like the computer is using extra power or something, does this have something to do with my processor speed, graphics card, voltage? please help..i want to get bhack into playing f1 without this random stuttering

I don't think it's the Bios. Do you have the latest bios for a 6 core ?

Cooling is not only the cpu cooler but also airflow in the PC case.

Maybe you run out of power, can you tell us what the PSU is.

Yea I have this problem as well, but I'm playing on a laptop, I think it's definitely something getting to hot, either your CPU or GPU

Keep in mind like taz1004 said, if you have a fan that's not working properly you won't be cooling your computer effectively

It doesn't really matter what kind of case you have. a workaround is to open your case and have a room fan point at it, but this causes dust to fly around so be careful with that

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back