Love rFactor? Then this is essential!

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
Ok so if you're like me and love this game and many of the exceptionally high quality mods that are availible for it and probably have several install's amounting to well over 60gig, then its probably massively dissapointing to you that unless you are in an online club or league, you can't really use them for anything more than doing hotlaps because the final buld of rFactors A.I. pretty much act like they don't know you're there. If they're right beside you on a straight side by side they will just move across and push you of the track, or just constantly ram you from behind, andI mean ram, not tap.

Well I have discovered a plugin that has changed my whole rFactor experience and I've gotta share it with you if you don't already know about it, all those great mods like Endurance series, Blancpain, Historic GT, Renult Clio's, Trucks, the list go's on. You ca now enjoy them even if there's no-one online using them. Letting rfactor run by itself under A.I. control its amazing to watch a P1 car make its way through a full field of GT back markers without destroying itself is quite amazing.

Now just to put things in perspective this plugin is not perfect bbecause there are so many different tracks and mods, some are still going to have a not so good AIW file, and different mods and tracks vary a bit in how they work with this mod, but over all if you find a decent track and mod, let it run by itself for a while and watch, or just give it a quick try, then its a massive improvement, but always make sure you have the A.I. aggression at 0% (at least to sart off with) and let the A.I. run a full qualifying session on accelerated time (or at least press 'Finish Session') Before going to race and this will give you the best experience.

The A.I. will still fight you tooth and nail, don't worry about that, but if you're half a cars length beside them going into a corner they will no longer squeeze you out like you're not there, they will not try and drive stright through you on a straight either (really detrimental if you like to race with 100% damage like I do), but they will still give you a little tap if you're really holding them up. I've had full 30 min rac'es with mods where all the parts can come off and kill the car and ive not had to pit for anything more than Tire's usually finish with nothing more than some dented body work or a nice pristine car. Thats not to say I hav'nt had the odd damaging crash but thats mainly down to my driving.

One last thing, just like you do online KEEP A EYE ON YOUR MIRRORS! Just like racing online if they see a gap they will go for it and miss you by inch'es, so if you see an A.I. going for it, make sure to give a little room as they do come close, it is after all rFactor A.I.

Couple of very minor issues: It will make switching between sessions hang for just a second longer. For some reason all the buttons when you're in the pits you need to click nearer thetop of the button. IT DOES NOT WORK ONLINE! So if you're going online just remove the plugin, very easy! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RUN IT IN WINDOWED MODE! The mod's readme tells you to run it in windowed mode, don't bother! This is only so you can see the alternative menu which shows you all the stuff you already have, like car stats. Lastly, for some reason it doe'st display names correctly over the cars or in the standings only initials, so not really a problem as you still know who's who from the initials

Anyway, I can't praise this plugin enough, well done to JR who made it. I'd love to post the file up into the plugins section for rFactor downloads here but im not sure about the rules of posting other peoples mods. Im off to set up a one hour race with the Virtua LM mod in a mixed field, a mod ive never had the chance to race online, and now I can race the A.I. Yay!

So here it is: https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rFactor AI improvement

After more testing last night I cannot stress this enough:

"let the A.I. run a full qualifying session on accelerated time (or at least press 'Finish Session') Before going to race and this will give you the best experience."

If you don't do this, or dont include a qualifying session when you go to race you might aswell take 40% off the A.I.'s racing ability, it really makes a difference.

Might see about learning how to improve A.I. for specific tracks in the future as like I said there are some tracks were thats not been done fully which I guess is an A.I.W. thing, and also would love to increase the speed of certain mod's in general like this one: https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Clio Cup 2008 This is an amazing mod and my favortie FWD mod, but the A.I. I can pretty much beat everywhere even at 120% so I'd love to know how to speed them up, also you can't have more than about 14 A.I. running with this one or there is a massive FPS drop quite early on in the race and its an A.I. problem not a graphics problem, they also do a weird bouncing thing on their rear ends if they get in a scrape, love to know how to cure this all and race with larger fields.

i have this plugin working now, but im not sure if its working properly cause in enduracers i dont have any improvement, also i've read that there is some configuration with a race.ini file and the user has to paste it in a folder that i cant find. can you help me?

• Deleted member 13397

you may need to use a VPN, as maybe your local internet provider does not route to there IP

Mine doesn't work, Rfactor doesn't start after installing
Same issue for me.

Hey guys I cant get into rfactorcentral. Is anyone able to give me an alternate link?
Thanks in advance.
I decided to bite the bullet and post it here:

The plugin doesn't seems to recognize the Java Runtime Environment so it won't start, anyone else having that issue?
Might be my issue, but I'm not sure. I've tried several different 32-bit Java Runtime Environment 6 installs, and rFactor always crashes on launch when the JR plugin is installed. Anyone have ideas about other dependencies for this plugin that a 2022 Windows 10 install might be missing?

Same issue for me.

I decided to bite the bullet and post it here:

Might be my issue, but I'm not sure. I've tried several different 32-bit Java Runtime Environment 6 installs, and rFactor always crashes on launch when the JR plugin is installed. Anyone have ideas about other dependencies for this plugin that a 2022 Windows 10 install might be missing?I
Same problem for me. Does anyone have a solution?

Same problem for me. Does anyone have a solution?
No solution from me yet :unsure:

But a question: is the Steam version of rFactor 1 the 1.255g version? I don't know the answer. If it's not the "g" version, that explains why we can't run the plugin. The AI plugin requires rFactor version 1.255g – not 1.255f, for example.

Hi this works fine for me on win 10
Really? With the Steam version of rF1? Interesting. And great news, I think :)

It doesn't work for me (and others) on Windows 10 – game instantly fails to load. Even after trying various old 32-bit Java Runtime Environment versions.

Do you remember what you have installed on your W10 PC that might be relevant to running this plugin? Which version of Java Runtime Environment? Would things like .NET or Visual C++ be relevant?

Last edited:
Hi win 10 pro
Java 1.8.0_181
net framework 4.0.0
Visual c++ see pic

Attachments

• visc.jpg
    visc.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 81
Hi win 10 pro
Java 1.8.0_181
net framework 4.0.0
Visual c++ see pic
So I have:
Java RE 1.8.0_321 (more recent Java Runtime 8 version, but should be very similar to yours)
Jave RE 6u35 32 bit (in case I want to use GID or DynHUD)
Same .NET and Visual C++

And I created a 100% fresh 'clean' rFactor install with no mods. I even launched it in windowed mode. Without the plugin installed, all was fine! But once I installed it, the game wouldn't launch.

Can you think of anything else in your rFactor install or PC that might lead us to have different outcomes?

Last edited:
Hi installed rfactor from Steam then added mods Historic GT and Endurance Series + Realfeel, XD, Map, Ai rFJRPlugin and Spotter plugins.
rFactor exe 5,563 kb version 1.2.5.5 from Steam install. See pics of rfactor folder and plugins folder.

Attachments

• rf1.jpg
    rf1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 74
  • rf1pluginfolder.jpg
    rf1pluginfolder.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 66
Hi installed rfactor from Steam then added mods Historic GT and Endurance Series + Realfeel, XD, Map, Ai rFJRPlugin and Spotter plugins.
rFactor exe 5,563 kb version 1.2.5.5 from Steam install. See pics of rfactor folder and plugins folder.
Thanks again so much for helping to troubleshoot this! Pretty much everything looks the same on my end.

HOWEVER... I notice is that the "Date modified" on your version of rFJRPlugin.dll in the Plugins folder is later than mine. Perhaps you have a more recent, up to date version of the plugin than the one I uploaded on RD? That would explain why yours works, but mine does not. Would you be willing to attach your rFJRPlugin.dll and the rFJRPlugin folder to a message in the thread (or upload as a mod if you prefer) so that I could try your plugin version?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back