AC Lotus Type 25 @ Thruxton - Tuesday 20th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks to everyone for a great race.
Tried standard setup, tricky at the limit, tried Rasmus setup, really good, but tricky at the limit,:unsure: so spent about an hour trying to get a really good setup, finally got it to where I wanted it, well, tricky at the limit.:unsure:
So just did random things and ran it like that, yes you guessed tricky at the limit.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Sorry about the Hit @640er Andreas, thought it was just a race incident, knuckled down the chasing Denis, bloody conscious, it was like carrying a sack of cement on my head, managed a lap or so and just had to pit and let all the poor soles I decimated back past again.:redface:

But really enjoyed it very much. cheers to Brian @Interslice for the organising, after I decimated the whole field your slight tap went virtually unnoticed.:D:D:D

Tried standard setup, tricky at the limit, tried Rasmus setup, really good, but tricky at the limit,:unsure: so spent about an hour trying to get a really good setup, finally got it to where I wanted it, well, tricky at the limit.:unsure:
So just did random things and ran it like that, yes you guessed tricky at the limit.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Sorry about the Hit @640er Andreas, thought it was just a race incident, knuckled down the chasing Denis, bloody conscious, it was like carrying a sack of cement on my head, managed a lap or so and just had to pit and let all the poor soles I decimated back past again.:redface:

But really enjoyed it very much. cheers to Brian @Interslice for the organising, after I decimated the whole field your slight tap went virtually unnoticed.:D:D:D
You wanne give my setup a go to have a look if it's still tricky at the limit? ;) :O_o:

Nevertheless you qualyfied only 0.4 slower than my pole lap, so you did a good job handling the car well...

Attachments

• R-V1.16.4-ab.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 47

Sorry for the tap ernie! Sounds like you deserved it though :p
I ran wide there every time but always managed to keep it together, until i didn't! Surprised i didn't fully collect you!

After an ok first 20 minutes the braking point for cambell finally sank in, on the next lap after i hit ernie. I had just managed to hold onto the back of the pack behind guido i think it was... I was then going, here we go now i have this track sussed...

Then i started into thinking how the did i hit ernie, wasn't he up top..? Tuned out brain thought i was on the brooklands back straight and could relax for a second. Took a look at the realtime to double check it was ernie... But no i was coming into church and just had to accept i was going to the fields :confused:

Done the same thing again, same corner, a few laps later for no reason and got lapped by @Reik Major to rub the salt in! Sorry if my dodgy re-entry from the fields gave you a scare reik! Congrats for the win!

Thanks to everyone for making another good event :thumbsup:

Last edited:
We all have them days! You started alright. It was a pity you had a second mistake after i got back past you. I thought it was going to be a good battle between us. A bit like group c it was all about the survival!

I spend the race exploring the field around the track, probably my worst race but it wasn't a surprise :D

Thanks Brian for setting this up, it was a challenging combo as always with those vintage cars. Finding the right braking points was so difficult in this car. I think I never got them right for the tight right hander and the last chicane. Like as the brake power changed for every lap. But the pace was ok, could follow Reik for a few laps when a mistake cost me lots of time an Ernie closed the gap. Too bad we touched and found ourselves at the back of the grid. Some litte mistakes here and there while regaining positions and chasing down Denis, cost me the battle for a possible P2. Instead I had, again, Ernie behind me and after I mis-shifted going onto the long straight, I even lost P3. I'm curious to see which what vintage car you'll surprise us next :thumbsup:

Thanks Brian for setting this up, it was a challenging combo as always with those vintage cars. Finding the right braking points was so difficult in this car. I think I never got them right for the tight right hander and the last chicane. Like as the brake power changed for every lap. But the pace was ok, could follow Reik for a few laps when a mistake cost me lots of time an Ernie closed the gap. Too bad we touched and found ourselves at the back of the grid. Some litte mistakes here and there while regaining positions and chasing down Denis, cost me the battle for a possible P2. Instead I had, again, Ernie behind me and after I mis-shifted going onto the long straight, I even lost P3. I'm curious to see which what vintage car you'll surprise us next :thumbsup:

It was a nice emergency stop from you in the last chicane when you were behind me ;) :o I braked a bit on safe side!!

Thanks Brian for a great event. Loads of fun. I was expecting to trundle around at the back because I failed to do any practice. Got lucky when I came across an accident (Ernie and Adreas?) and managed to bludgeon my way through. I say managed, I was trying to get a read on which side to go past a spinning car. Every time I chose to try passing the rear of the car, it did yet another 180 and headed toward my chosen passing spot. :roflmao:

In truth, I really should have slowed down a bit more, but it always happens very quick. Therefore I apologise to whoever it was that I tagged as I nipped through. Lucky for me the damage was set low. Next time I'll try to slow down some more and be sure not to make contact.

Keep up the great combos Brian. Hope to see you guys again soon. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It was a nice emergency stop from you in the last chicane when you were behind me ;) :o I braked a bit on safe side!!
Haha you noticed it? My eyes were getting bigger and bigger and I already prepared my apologies :D

Next week we are in the 1960 718 spyder @ felbergring. Hope you can join us!!

We've no calender so tag a mate you think might be interested!!

Next week we are in the 1960 718 spyder @ felbergring. Hope you can join us!!

We've no calender so tag a mate you think might be interested!!

Sounds great, just have to learn the track....LOL

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing