AC Lotus Type 25 @ Thruxton - Tuesday 20th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Tuesday 20th April we're in Thruxton, in the Lotus Type 25 and you are invited to join!

Screenshot_ks_lotus_25_js_thruxton_17-3-121-11-50-5.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

1920px-Clark_at_1964_Dutch_Grand_Prix_%285%29.jpg

Thruxton-Trackmap.jpg

Event Details
  • Cars: Lotus Type 25
  • Track: Thruxton
  • 18:00 UTC | Practice (80 minutes)
  • 19:20 UTC | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 19:40 UTC | Race (30 minutes)

Further Event details on Simracing.gp
Lotus Type 25 @ Thruxton https://beta.simracing.gp/events/5J1r9hCPahjd1jQDZAes7

Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Useful links
  1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Practice and race server password: click here

Entry List

See you on track!

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_lotus_25_js_thruxton_17-3-121-11-50-5.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_lotus_25_js_thruxton_17-3-121-11-50-5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

That to me looks like a real challenge, look forward to having a go at setting it up after reading others attempts to set it up. I am glad Rasmus has provided a setup to start with, so that will be very useful, saves a lot of wasted time.
Not so keen on learning Thruxton though.:unsure:

That to me looks like a real challenge, look forward to having a go at setting it up after reading others attempts to set it up. I am glad Rasmus has provided a setup to start with, so that will be very useful, saves a lot of wasted time.
Not so keen on learning Thruxton though.:unsure:

It's hanyish to learn. The big corners are interesting in this car though! The right hander exit from the first dog leg is slippy at low speeds but the rest is just trying to battle the carousel/ parabolica type corners.

Thought it was going to be a nightmare to drive, apart from getting used to a lack of grip, drives really nicely, a lot of fun. :thumbsup:
Haha ernie, I try to keep it somewhat sensible between the group C! The original cars I tested were a true nightmare :roflmao: :devilish:
Should be fun, I'll give it a go. :thumbsup:
I tried it last nightwith rasmus' setup from the linked thread. Takes some figuring but once you get the lines and braking points down it's good fun.
Helloooo,
I would like to participate.
Signing up via simracing.gp, correct?
Should own the car and the track is a mod, so all seems good.
Cheers Dan
Hi Daniel, it is indeed on s.gp. Check out the practice server to make sure you're good to go The lotus didn't come with the base game afaik.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%