AC Lotus T125 S1 @ Silverstone GP - Sun 11th May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Remember Guys we dont discuss lap times

with thanks Rupe :)

With all due respect, this is the silliest rule we have, and it annoys me every time someone's post is edited for this reason.

Why would you not join a club race if you see someone is faster than you, if the whole point is fun and learning? It's part of the banter and pre-race fun, and even gives slower guys incentive and something to aim for, and practice for, thus having them do more laps, giving you both competitive racing, and less mistakes.

Just my 2 cents.

Ok well, for what it's worth, I did my now secret lap time on this setup :p

I'd suggest adding rear wing before removing front wing if anyone struggles with the balance. As for stabilizing the existing balance, I'm still working on that :p

Attachments

• AD_Exos125S1_V1.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 288
Can already see I won't have time for this. Rather sign me out, and if i somehow have time, and there are spots, I will sign back in.

I won't take a non-premium member's spot if there's no spots left, don't worry.

Its a rule we use in all the clubs and have for years.

That was never the case in the NKpro club, we posted our times constantly.

Personally think it's a pretty childish rule, what harm does it do, I totally agree with Dewald on this one.

Best sign me out, I don't wish to be the slowest car on track and ruin someone's race.

It's to do with incentivizing winning in an environment where winning isn't the main priority. Sure, in leagues, where you have points and the races actually matter then you can worry about lap time. But here for casual club races, it's just about enjoyment. Who cares if you're 3, 4 or 5 seconds off the pace.

Once we're in the game then you're free to discuss setups and everything if you want to learn from the others there, or lines through corners etc. But discussing it here on the forums before an event can lead to people pulling out, as we have just seen with Andrew, because they don't want to be the slowest.

It doesn't matter if you're the slowest. Just enjoyment.
Once you compete in leagues, then you can get all political about it. Lol.

Sorry you feel that way Andrew. If you change your mind just give us a shout :)

Personally think it's a pretty childish rule, what harm does it do.

Best sign me out, I don't wish to be the slowest car on track and ruin someone's race.

Two things I don't understand. First of all why would you ruin someone's race if you were the slowest car on track?

The harm posting laptimes is exactly what you are now doing: signing out because you fear you are the slowest while speed is completely irrelevant for the club. And fear is something people shouldn't have when they wish to participate in an online race.

The club is a place where people can race without the pressure of having to score points or must be fast to compete. Its non-league environment where all drivers that wish to have a clean race can join in to have a good experience.

Sign me out please.

Been doing some practice laps and have come to the conclusion that this car hates me and just wants to kill me, at best I can string 1 & 1/2 laps together before, "look a wall let's go say hello!" :mad:

Just a suggestion guys but for club days maybe pick easier cars to drive or open up the field and let us choose from a selection of cars, yesterdays 1M race was fine because its not a hard car to drive at 90% the lotus however needs 100% all the time, if you try driving it slow the tires go cold and you have no grip.

Just my 2 cents, cheers. :D:thumbsup:

Dont forget guys there is a new password for the general club servers
I've just signed up on both servers 1 min ago and there working.
The club passwords for the servers and t/speak can be found Here

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years