Lotus Renault Team - Who's the team mate of Kimi ?

Want to make me laugh? Even if Bruno had another season half to score points, he wouldn't have reached Heidfeld(Although in the early stages, the car was better and Heidfeld quickly equalised the podium score with Petrov).

Nick made his own mistake at Montreal, but so did Senna in Spa and Interlagos.

Annoyed, but should be amused how people rate him down, a former F3-Macau winner, a F3000 champion! He was fighting on par with Montoya for example. I think people overlook because he's so... plain. He could be your average Joe, your neighbour in town, a really nice guy. Not a hyped superstar like Hamilton, Alonso or Vettel. That's why I like him. Shame he lost that win to Kubica because he was too nice driving for the team.

Oh, and if you live in Stäfa, Switzerland, he might really be your average Joe because he lives there!

I think both Petrov and Heidfeld did their bests. It was the car that they couldn't improve, it's well known.
Senna was worse than Heidfeld, though he only had the chance to jump in mid-season. And I don't say this based on points as the car was clearly much worse in late season, but compared him to Petrov. Heidfeld was worse in qualifying, but he did well in the races, which is the most important thing overall. Senna had 1-2 nice runs but nothing more really.

I can copy your sentence and switch Heidfeld with Petrov. Both fell back when the car wasn't as fast as before.

I 100% agree.
Petrov would be the best option overall I think, as it offers the team the most continuity. The engineers get no consistent feedback if there's a new driver every few months.

Grosjean has been at the team before... And gotten better I'd say.

Just because there's a Russian GP sometime doesn't mean you have to keep the currently only Russian in F1.

I stay with my opinion of Petrov should be swapped with Grosjean. He's not bad, but he'd lose against Grosjean with his last form in GP2.

Lotus Renault has no stability anyway. The "war" against Team Lotus, the drama with Kubica, the story with their 1001 reserve drivers(xD), etc.

Maybe they should rather fire Eric Boullier, more of a talker than a doer.

In my opinion Lotus should simply take whoever gives them the most money, which they can invest in the car to give Kimi the best possible odds.
And that happens to be Petrov. Plus, continuity is always good. In addition, I think that at least for next year, Petrov would be the guy who'd score the most points, Grosjean/Senna might have some untapped potential (though it's difficult to judge how much) but it would prolly take some time until they'd perform at the same level as someone who's been in the car for two years.

As far as Heidfeld is concerned: personality wise, I really can't stand the guy. No clue why - but I just don't like him :-(
And as far as his performance goes: He's got a little bit more experience than Petrov, so he should have outperformed him by a much larger margin. He didn't do that, so he got kicked out. Certainly not a nice move by Boullier, but not unexpected or irrational. Better reap in some cash with Senna and assess whether he might have some undiscovered potential rather than keeping someone who wouldn't do anything special.

The question has to be asked, of all the teams that take on young "paid drivers" (i.e. Petrov, Maldonaldo, etc) how many of them are actually seeing results?

Errr that quote goes close to zero.

And I'd rather hate Vettel than Heidfeld, such a likable guy while Vettel's finger sometimes annoys me.

Yes, I know your finger already, it's okay:p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back