Lotus Renault GP R31

First picture of the new car:

renaultr31_2011.jpg

Oops sorry Rhys, i posted it aswell after you...Really sorry all :(

The car looks like gorgeous with the Legendary Lotus colors.. I hope they will be podium contenders :)

If you want my personal opinion, I think the JPS livery should be left in the past. To me, it feels smeared on with a trowel here. The lines are too thick, they don't follow the chassis lines in the same way as the old JPS Lotuses, and the Total red sponsorship clashes with the whole thing. No doubt that black and gold complement each other well, but it doesn't feel right in this day and age and considering the circumstances the livery was created in.

partly agree with Rhys and also the fact we now have two Team Lotus both powered by Renault is a marketer's nightmare, isn't it?Don't see why they didn't go for something French, e.g. Ligier or Talbot, blue and white.

Kubicas's view about how much of Lotus their team is atm. Quoted from Autosport interview:

The Pole also played down the significance of the Lotus brand reappearing in his team's name.
"I think Lotus is our sponsor. At least from what I know it is a sponsor," he said when asked if he dreamt to drive for Lotus.
"So I could also say it is my dream to drive for Total. I think it would be different if Lotus owned the team and were fully involved into the team. It's a good partner to have and they have high ambitions. It looks promising."
So is it Lada, Renault or Lotus or little bit of everything? :tongue:
Anyway it can still be fast on track whatever it is called.

I've heard that the exhausts exit around/behind the front wheels to blow through a sort of "front diffuser". Whether that theory has any grounds is yet to be seen... if it's true then it's very smart.

I hold my hands up, ive now gone from disliking the livery to thinking its the best so far ive seen of 2011. Its all come together better on this new chassis. Thumbs up for the Lada Renault Total Lotus team.

Can't see tht working, surely at high speed there will be issues of air moving backwards into the exhaust?

Well the exhausts fire sideways to the airflow, so even if the exhaust gases weren't strong enough to push against it (which they are) the high speed airflow would actually draw gasses out of the exhaust, which might have it's own benefits.

Well the exhausts fire sideways to the airflow, so even if the exhaust gases weren't strong enough to push against it (which they are) the high speed airflow would actually draw gasses out of the exhaust, which might have it's own benefits.

Ah, i couldnt see that from the pictures. I guess that "chimney effect" would draw it out . Interesting.

Anthony Davidson has revealed he is officially out of the running and will definitely drive for Peugeot in the Le Mans Series. He felt that the driver to take over had to be a championship challenger though, which in my opinion, rules out every other available driver on this planet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%