F1 2012 Lotus Race Pace issues.

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all.

I'm having some issues in my first race for Lotus.
I am currently their #1 driver, it's the Australian race and I qualified 3rd (+0.4xx behind Hamilton at 1st).

I set the car up for race pace after doing full fuel runs and testing it out.

Now I can worm my way to the front in the first 2 corners, stay there for 6 laps, but the AI appear to have INCREDIBLY speed through turns 13 and 14 and ultimately take over.

After checking the lap times during the race, I'm sometimes the same speed as Grosjean, but most of the time slower.

I'm using automatic gears and Legend AI, and constantly set faster times for each lap.

Can anyone explain WHY the AI (up to 4 cars) still swarm behind me during the entire race?
Is it because the Lotus just shouldn't be in #1?
Is it because it's the first race of Season 2?

Am I just pants?

Thanks all!

Well, in this game, the Lotus is one idea behind the top 3 cars. So you shouldn't be dominating in it. 13 and 14? These are in Sector 3, right? Yeah, AI seems to have incredible speed in sector 3, which I couldn't match on my career. But you get a bigger advantage through sector 1 and 2 where they are a lot slower.

IMO, you shouldn't worry about it.

The AI was supremely quick through T 13-14 Chicane but you have Advantage through T 1-3 and T 6-7 chicane as they are Very slow through them You can manage atleast 4 tenths to Full second on that Places over AI.
Also Lotus Pace will be determined by the Position they finished in Season 1. If they are in Top 3 then they may have same pace as the RBR/Mclaren/Ferrari in Season 1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back