rF2 Lotus Ford Cortina @ Zandvoort - Thu 19 Mar 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
No problem....

Just drove some laps... You really have to force yourself to not keep it sideways every corner....

Header_1841373_16.9-1024x575.jpg

Really looking forward to Thursday.... This will be awesome!!

Guys, there's the option in the tuning menu of the car to choose classic suspension and modern racing suspension (or something like that).
Anybody tried and know the differences?
I only drove with classic suspension...
And it's, ahhh...., classic!?

Guys, there's the option in the tuning menu of the car to choose classic suspension and modern racing suspension (or something like that).
Anybody tried and know the differences?
I only drove with classic suspension...
And it's, ahhh...., classic!?

For the race we did recently at Crystal Palace I ran the Classic..thinking I was doing the honourable thing...I ran the modern afterwards and it was a bit more reponsive though still fun.

Could have been a placebo, and having gained a bit more experience, but I know some were running the modern.

I think I run modern suspension, with historic racing arb. I guess I justified it to myself by thinking of GT Legends, which portrays modern racing with roll cages etc.

We're all free to use whichever suspension we choose. Fortunately the option to use the modern Cosworth engine on historic cars has been removed. I didn't enjoy that option, even though it was quicker.

The modern suspension upgrade is basically a very subtle change to simulate the components being better quality than they were back in the 60s. So the springs are slightly stiffer, ride height and centre of gravity are slightly lower. Dampers are the same for both.

Another option you have is the ARB. The original cars ran 7/8" bars, and an option in the 60s was 15/16". The modern upgrade is to a 1" bar which is what is run widely on the modern cars. This controls the front end a bit better.

There are tracks where I'm faster with the old setup where I guess a softer setup is better suited, so it's not a case of one is faster than the other.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 14.0%