rF2 Lotus Ford Cortina @ Mid Ohio - Thu 10 Sept 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks guys, that was fun! Though I'm proper !ç%&& in these cars :roflmao:
20200910224256_1.jpg

Lot's of unnecessary files Yves :) You've packed in 01,04,54,107,169 and "Black-Gold" which isn't needed.
Also, you have included the original alt, alt.json, alt_region and alt.mas file in the Denis Betty folder, which is also not needed.
You also have a space in "Denis Betty_alt.mas" you should try to avoid spaces, use underscores instead.

With that being said, there is not really a need to make a mas-file for liveries. It's enough to save it as e.g "alt_Denis.dds". When that is put in to an existing car-folder you can choose the livery in-game and that will work without issues at all :)

Denis' livery didn't show up today, while I'm not entirely sure, I think this due to the use of a space in the filename. It might be that the mas-file isn't directly connected to a car. Not sure about that though, as I have never made a mas-file for any of my liveries.

OK hands up, I cheated... kinda.
There is a car which is a little lighter than all the others - which I happened to choose. It's not normally noticeably faster IMO, but tonight in R1 it toasted everything. Sorry for that. I promise that next time we run my beloved "Tina" that I will exclude the class which contains the "Unicorn" car.
Sorry @Stig Bidstrup , I couldn't resist it. :redface:

Last edited:
There is a car which is a little lighter than all the others - which I happened to choose. It's not normally noticeably faster IMO, but tonight in R1 it toasted everything. Sorry for that. |I promise that next time we run my beloved "Tina" that I will exclude the class which contains the "Unicorn" car.

Are you sure it is?

I've taken a look, and I cannot find any weight differences, not with the car you told me to look at, and not with the car with the livery you were given.

What I see however, is that there are a difference between cars. I just cannot see a pattern yet. But your car was not lighter than mine. But it seems like there was some people driving with heavier cars. According to carstat some had 826kg others 900kg. (Note: I do not know if it is carstat or the mod that makes it show like this)

You did however have modern suspensions, anti-roll bars etc. (which you could get in the other cars as well).

Last edited:
Are you sure it is?

I've taken a look, and I cannot find any weight differences, not with the car you told me to look at, and not with the car with the livery you were given.

What I see however, is that there are a difference between cars. I just cannot see a pattern yet. But your car was not lighter than mine. But it seems like there was some people driving with heavier cars. According to carstat some had 826kg others 900kg. (Note: I do not know if it is carstat or the mod that makes it show like this)

You did however have modern suspensions, anti-roll bars etc. (which you could get in the other cars as well).
I was told that it was lighter. It doesn't really feel any faster to me, but that's what I was told. I guess I should try another car maybe to see the time difference. That particular car has the 180 HP engine as default, with no option for the 160, so I think it's different.

Anyway, it's easy enough to omit the class so the car cannot be chosen and I will do that in future. :)

Very fun racing. After tonight's results I think Denis wants to make this a Cortina League. ;)
After being crazy fast in the "Unicorn" car for R1, I left the server to change car. Because the server was set for 2 races though, it didn't give me the option to change car, so I pulled over at start of R2 and started from the back. I didn't have the skill to get past @Matt Rosum cleanly though, even with a faster car and tripped myself up by almost running into him on exit of a corner. Was fun chasing people down though.

When I caught @Ole Marius Myrvold I realised that I was way faster in a straight line and felt really guilty. It wasn't till after the race that he told me he was using the 160 HP engine. So I'm really not sure how much faster the "Unicorn" is. Anyway, it's banned from future events.

There is a car which is a little lighter than all the others - which I happened to choose. It's not normally noticeably faster IMO, but tonight in R1 it toasted everything. Sorry for that. I promise that next time we run my beloved "Tina" that I will exclude the class which contains the "Unicorn" car.
On the starting line looking to the right I did see it was a modern Lotus ( N.169 ) . Thread said 65-66
But I don't like being a " Crybaby " so I didn't mention it ;) :D..

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing