Lotus Exos 125 S1 @ Spa-Francorchamps

I tried the setup John and in spa it s not good at all for me, maybe you are fast with it but i can t unterstand how, I hardly get to 290 on the straight
so lower the wings :) the setup has lots of grip and setting up the car based on one straight is a mistake on that straight I made up .5 in the first sector but soon lost it in the last two sectors adding more wing was far faster for me

For SPA setup, in my opinion the part that is more sensitive to setup downforce and can make you loss or win the more time is Pouhon. Concentrate the setup on find the proper downforce top speed on that section. The rest of the track will not be affected to much by it.

Now, is very interesting the approach you guys are following on the setups I see here. You are raising the car more than usual, but softening the suspension, so there is a lot of suspension travel. This will lower the suspension at proper height when on high speed due to downforce. The interesting part will be the dynamic rake generated. On tracks with long straights you want a resulting lower rake, this means the rear should compress more than the front, as this will reduce drag at top speed (by lowering the rear wing angle by rake). This is a well known trick done in NASCAR that is well applicable here.

My approach is a bit different, lower height and a bit stiffer suspension, but still applying the dynamic rake. One advantage of the high height is that is much easier and confident to drive over the kerbs as it does not disturbs the chassis.

Cya at the track

For SPA setup, in my opinion the part that is more sensitive to setup downforce and can make you loss or win the more time is Pouhon. Concentrate the setup on find the proper downforce top speed on that section. The rest of the track will not be affected to much by it.

Now, is very interesting the approach you guys are following on the setups I see here. You are raising the car more than usual, but softening the suspension, so there is a lot of suspension travel. This will lower the suspension at proper height when on high speed due to downforce. The interesting part will be the dynamic rake generated. On tracks with long straights you want a resulting lower rake, this means the rear should compress more than the front, as this will reduce drag at top speed (by lowering the rear wing angle by rake). This is a well known trick done in NASCAR that is well applicable here.

My approach is a bit different, lower height and a bit stiffer suspension, but still applying the dynamic rake. One advantage of the high height is that is much easier and confident to drive over the kerbs as it does not disturbs the chassis.

Cya at the track
I just do some random **** :p I have no idea what so ever what effect does most of the settings do. I click here and there and if I am faster then I repeat this again to see if more will be better. That is why I am still around 1,53,5- 1,54,3... I am stuck with my setup. I hope someone will post his setup that is capable of doing 1,52 :)

Sorry i can t post the setup because it s not mine... I promised.

Fernando i think it s not that difficult, i m not sure but i Don t think they Made a physic Which includes more top Speed when rear is soft and has a Lot of rake... I only used soft springs because they offer more grip in the middle sector and If springs are softer i have to raise the height.... Or car Spins violant in poullan... For me the only place Where i have Problems now is the chicane After the First straight.. I have understeer or oversteer but Nothing in between.... Maybe I give it a try today again... My splits say 51,6 but Hard to get together, but i want that record, even If it s only for one day... ;-)

Does your separate best splits were done with the same setup? If not then it will be hardly done on one run. Some changes to the setup will improve a sector in particular but will likely affect negatively other. This is normal on almost any track, but on SPA is kind of magnified.

I think AC physics are very complete on this department. I reduce my rear height by two or three notches and my top speed improved but I loss my rear at one of the sweepers. It was kind of equivalent to reduce the rear wing. I put my settings back and the car behave as before. I then raised the rear height and softened the rear springs. I got better top speed and the back was well planted on the sweepers. I had to confirm this dynamic rake with a telemetry tool (unfortunately I do not know what I did to the acti app, it is not logging data anymore). I will try too look at it later. I really felt the difference, but I need clear evidence of it, numbers, not just feeling.

These are the kind of discussions I want to have related to setup development. Sharing experiences are important to understand what is going on and what has been properly implemented on the AC physics engine.

Of course with the Same setup ;-)

Would be cool If u are right, If they build this in i have to rethink about a couple of setups... Please give some Info If you checked the telemetry Tool. Atm i Don t think about rake at all...

Stable setup. Not the best, but it suits me, and... maybe you, with some tweakings. ;)
(RSR : 1:54.445)

Attachments

• GeTa_Lotus125_s1_Spa.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 923
I just do some random **** :p I have no idea what so ever what effect does most of the settings do. I click here and there and if I am faster then I repeat this again to see if more will be better. That is why I am still around 1,53,5- 1,54,3... I am stuck with my setup. I hope someone will post his setup that is capable of doing 1,52 :)
With my setup, you can easily do 1:52 try it;-)

I think the tyre model changed to every car when v1.0 was released at dec 19, so could be that setups done with old tyre models aint working too well anymore.

I think the tyre model changed to every car when v1.0 was released at dec 19, so could be that setups done with old tyre models aint working too well anymore.

That can probably be the case because in most cases I am copying setups from the forum and make small modifications to suit me rather than make a new setup from scratch, obviously because of my lack of knowledge for setting up a car.

Anyway, i haven't played the game with the old tyre model so i cant talk about the difference, but definitely some of the setups where the guys have posted some good laptimes are very difficult and unpredictable to drive.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%