Lotus Exos 125 S1 @ Imola

Thanks so much for posting the video too. Shaved a second off just by observing a few of your corner approaches. I'm still 2+ seconds off though, lots to improve. Cheers!

Thanks so much for posting the video too. Shaved a second off just by observing a few of your corner approaches. I'm still 2+ seconds off though, lots to improve. Cheers!

Thanks, i am still waiting for a 1:24:xxx lap video too :D

I'm too scared of some corners,you can easily get your lap invalidated on this circuit ! no way to go over kerbs on the chicane for example ! or drive on those green ones !

Yeah thanks ! I improved to 1.24.9 ... my theoretical PB is 1.24.05 ! but hard to gather all those 3 sectors in one lap :D (23.4 + 32.05 +28.6) !

You are right about silverstone ! you really need to make the car very stiff, i use Klaus Ellenbrand setup for that track ! he went for a 100% stiff setup ! (140 - 140 wheel rate and 300 on the rear packer),my best there is 1.38.302,can't find the right line to get middle 42s in the second sector !

Last edited:
Still working on the setup ! and also working on corners :D
Any tips on how to get faster lap are welcome !

[medio]7606[/medio]

I am extremely confused. After uploading your set-up, and watching your video (nice lap) I cannot for the life of me brake at nearly the force you break without locking up?

Anything over half brake force and I lock up? Is this a problem with my settings? (Brake Gamma 1.00?)

Use 1.00 only if you have a load cell brake pedal ! (i have g27 with normal pedal it's set to 2.40 by default )

I also leave a delay between the moment i start braking and the moment i start to downshift ! i dont start downshifitng with the braking !

Use 1.00 only if you have a load cell brake pedal ! (i have g27 with normal pedal it's set to 2.40 by default )

I also leave a delay between the moment i start braking and the moment i start to downshift ! i dont start downshifitng with the braking !

I have a G25, so load cell indeed!

So do I, but even when I don't change down gear, I lock up after 50% brake pressure, regardless of what speed I'm going.. starting to think there may be some settings wrong somewhere, as this is bizarre.

G25 pedals use potentiometers not load cells ! unless you have modded them !

PS: i updated the video ,it's a 1.24 lap now !

So how much am I losing (braking wise) from not having loaded cells? This could explain my extreme frustration at not being able to brake where the top guys break in online videos!

@misterbeam
The Traction in this setup is amazing mate i made a bit more stiff at rear for Silverstone and found half a second over my previous best time.
Thank you very much for your setup and i will try this in Imola as well :thumbsup:

What traction? I couldnt keep the car on track it was fishtailing all over the place! i was using a old track setting, ended up going back to my original setup which may not be fast but it at least keeps me planted on the grey stuff. I use a g27 by the way. Even with my stable setup the car tends to have some big oversteer moments at times. Is this just a trait of the S1 or can it be dialled out? It happens even on optimum track.

Cheers

F1A

What traction? I couldnt keep the car on track it was fishtailing all over the place! i was using a old track setting, ended up going back to my original setup which may not be fast but it at least keeps me planted on the grey stuff. I use a g27 by the way. Even with my stable setup the car tends to have some big oversteer moments at times. Is this just a trait of the S1 or can it be dialled out? It happens even on optimum track.

Cheers

F1A
After the RC the car changed a lot : here's a tip the aero balance is not the same at all and tyres react differently !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.9%